How much do you pay (at hairdresser) for a dry cut ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GM

Legendary Member
Being trapped in a chair for half an hour with someone talking at you about something you have a vague sort of interest in but not really is autistic hell.

Me too, being trapped in the chair for about 20 minutes listening to them rabbiting on about football was my hell :wacko:

I haven't been to the barbers for at least 15 years, the last time the girl accidentally gave me a Nike stripe on the back of my head. :ohmy:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
another home jobbie for me , mrs ck gives me a number 1 buzz cut all over , what with cycle helmet and hard hat at work i gave up with a hairstyle years ago .

My normal barber charges £12. The gentlemans grooming salon just around the corner from my house charges £20. They did my wedding day haircut and were very good. Also did my pre lockdown haircut stockpile and post lockdown shaggy cut because they were more convenient for early morning appointments.

Why are there quite so many grooming salons with so many beard grooming products.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The barber that used to do mine in Hebden Bridge retired so I tried someone else who had been recommended to me. I walked in and found a queue of 4 or 5 women ahead of me. 4 or 5 men at the old barber's salon would have taken 30-40 minutes to do. I had to wait for at least double that.

40 minutes hearing men talking cars/football/women used to annoy me, but over an hour putting up with women talking other women/children/men completely did my head in.

After that I bought some clippers and got my then girlfriend to cut my hair. She moved on, so for the past 18 or 19 years I have hacked my own hair off!

Drago

Legendary Member
Notwithstanding the fact that im a chromey and whats left gets a weekly number zero, my eldest owns a hair salon so none of us pay a penny to have our hair cut.

screenman

Legendary Member
3 Shillings an sixpence.

stephec

Legendary Member
£7.00 at the local barbers, but it's an extra pound at the moment to cover the extra PPE.

They do a good job, and for a tenner will include a beard trim as well.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Me too, being trapped in the chair for about 20 minutes listening to them rabbiting on about football was my hell :wacko:

I haven't been to the barbers for at least 15 years, the last time the girl accidentally gave me a Nike stripe on the back of my head. :ohmy:

Having Mrs @BoldonLad do the deed does not remove the risk of error. She does, occasionally, forget to put her glasses on, or, perhaps, just loses concentration. I then hear the dreaded utterance "oh sh?t", followed by, "never mind, it will grow again" ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom