How much do you pay (at hairdresser) for a dry cut ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnsco

Old Fettler
My last visit to a barbers cost me two shilling. I think it was 1968 so I must have saved a lot of money :becool:
You were robbed !

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
It used to be £9 at the Iraqi cutters in Shepherds Bush but, since the first lockdown, I've invested in some clippers and have gone DIY, with highly variable results.

Last edited:
sex and hair chopping are of course inextricably linked.
I well remember as a student, very fag end of the 70s, a good friend of mine returned from a trip to a very old school barbers he had come across in a london backstreet - he was initially more than mystified when at the end of the operation the guy had asked him: "anything for the weekend, sir". Didn't have a clue what he was on about. Eventually the penny dropped. Don't know if pictorial aids/cartoons helped with this.
Rather makes you wonder if, in times of old, British folks ever enjoyed a release on Tuesdays. Wednesdays. Thursdays. What did the barbers offer for those days? Improving literature?

will return with more practical post on pricing later.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
£7.50 cheapo to £9.50 if you want the “lady“ who, ahem, brushes up against you.
Without getting too graphic.
When I was maybe 10 years old my barber was some foreign guy called (I think) Romerio.
Even aged 10 I knew he was 'odd' with his dyed, permed hair.
But I do remember him always rubbing up against me. I sort of knew he had an erection without fully understanding what was going on. looking back he was quite sick.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
sex and hair chopping are of course inextricably linked.
I well remember as a student, very fag end of the 70s, a good friend of mine returned from a trip to a very old school barbers he had come across in a london backstreet - he was initially more than mystified when at the end of the operation the guy had asked him: "anything for the weekend, sir". Didn't have a clue what he was on about. Eventually the penny dropped. Don't know if pictorial aids/cartoons helped with this.
Rather makes you wonder if, in times of old, British folks ever enjoyed a release on Tuesdays. Wednesdays. Thursdays. What did the barbers offer for those days? Improving literature?

will return with more practical post on pricing later.
Ha ha... Ditto!
My local barber used to offer 'something for the weekend, sir?' to every customer except me. I suppose it looked obvious that I would not be needing anything! It is probably a good thing, because at the time, I had no idea what the 'something' was and would probably have embarrassed myself by asking! :blush:
In case anybody wonders what on earth we are talking about... The barber had a little display of Durex boxes, and used to nod his head towards it!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
In case anybody wonders what on earth we are talking about... The barber had a little display of Durex boxes, and used to nod his head towards it!

I'm too young for any of that. But I do have a pair of Durex track wheels.

Do they do the same thing? :whistle:

potsy

Rambler
Pre covid around £7, now I cut my own with some clippers.

Just asked my sister who has a mobile hairdresser come and do hers, £25.

bruce1530

Guru
Was £7 at the local turkish barbers. That included a clipper cut, trim with open razor, eyebrow trim, setting the ears on fire.
Then I grew a beard, and it went up to £13, which included beard trim, wet shave, hot towels, and waxing nostrils.....

Drago

Legendary Member
My lass knows a girl who was cutting a guys hair, only to then notice he appeared to be having a J. Arthur Rank under the cover. She called him a filthy pervert and started to slap him about. That was the last time the poor bloke cleaned his glasses while he was getting his hair cut.

Top Bottom