How much do you pay (at hairdresser) for a dry cut ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
A hairdresser does it for me at home, and charges £10.

Vidor06

Long term loafer
I cut my own hair for about 20 years. Trimmer broke recently and went to barbers at a cost of £17 a visit in Belfast. Mrs Vidor says its worth it so I will keep going. A mate has been going to the same barbers a few miles away since her were a kid and pays about £8.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Being trapped in a chair for half an hour with someone talking at you about something you have a vague sort of interest in but not really is autistic hell.

I choose where I go based on whether I can have a haircut in peace. I tried one place once and the barber was quiet but the radio was tuned badly and let out random bursts of static, plus they had this sort of perfume diffuser which gave me a headache- I never went back :smile:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
So none of this "my wife does it/I shave my own" etc.
Reason for asking is........
My hairdresser has an OAP rate of £5.00 and imo does a good job of it.
I have a 'full head' of hair (although MrsD tells me I have a duck pond appearing).
Quite basic ie uses the clippers.
She also does the eyebrows.
Where MrsD goes their price for a gents dry cut is £25.00 :eek:
Not sure what I could get for the extra £20 and at my age I have no desire to find out.
So.....what does your hairdresser charge?
I imagine London prices are considerably higher.

I don't pay (Lovely Wife uses Wahl clippers on me) but...

...her hairdressers apparently charges £40.00 for a gents cut although I'm not sure if that includes a wash and dry too.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Cannot say for men, Mrs @BoldonLad does mine, in return for which I have to do household chores, be her chauffeur, etc etc. Mrs @BoldonLad pays £14 for dry cut plus gossip.

A better trade off here - in return for a quick buzz over (whilst she is moaning about doing it I have to say) I simply have to turn a blind eye to Lovely Wife's eye-wateringly expensive hairdresser 'visits'. I use the term visits as the return trip is usually accompanied by a small bag of 'must haves' - conditioner, anti-frizz, gloss enhancer or whatever women put on their hair to make them look drop-dead gorgeous. This bumps the already high base price up a fair bit. ^_^

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Sine we often used to go to Rhyl, I had a barber there I used to frequent. Since moving the locals seem to want you to make appointments, which I won't do. Now I just give myself a once over with the beard trimmer.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I haven't paid for a haircut for over 30 years.
I used to get free haircuts as part of a sponsorship deal and when that ended in 1997, I did it myself.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
£15 but since lockdown, i bought clippers and have done my own

Johnsco

Old Fettler
Perhaps the real scandal is when somebody else's wife does it !!
Come to think of it - Some years ago, when I was between girl-friends, the secretary in our department at the Works used to do it.
In return, I used to take her out for lunch.
[ THAT's ALL !!! ]

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Its only Dirk

Only Dirk? Oh contraire! You're being way to kind to these charlatans. :laugh:

Mrs P does mine electric trimmer
I've never been to a hairdresser's.
Sometimes, I've cut it myself.
Mrs does mine, in return for which I have to do household chores, be her chauffeur, etc etc.
DIY - Shaving cream and a good old fashioned razor.
It' been over 30 years since I last went to a barbers.
Only 30 ?? !!
It's 60 years for me ......
Now I just give myself a once over with the beard trimmer.
I haven't paid for a haircut for over 30 years.
Since lockdown, i bought clippers and have done my own
Perhaps the real scandal is when somebody else's wife does it !!
Zero - hair trimmers done.

Top Bottom