How much do you spend on securing your bike? (v2.0)

How much do you spend on securing your bike when you go out? Can be anything-locks,alarms, etc

• £50-£60

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • £61-£70

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • £71-£80

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • £81-£90

• £91-£100

• £101-£120

• £121-£140

• >£141

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
with all the talk of spending , I cant help wondering if you have thought about SPENDING some time contributing to other threads instead of only posting surveys and expecting folk to give you the answers .....you have had plenty time with being a member since November last year .....im out

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Very little. I made a 2m steel wire which was scrap at work and bought an Abus lock for about a tenner.

I made the wire about 3 years ago and even used it today. I have used it all over europe.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I don't spend over £50 on buying bikes, let alone the locks to secure them with!
Many hack bikes are hardly worth stealing, and many expensive ones, that are worth stealing, are never left unattended out of the sight of the owner. Sporting cyclists generally are so obsessive about minimising weight, that they do not want to carry a chunky lock around with them.

vickster

Legendary Member
Where is the < £50 option?
As his link in OP
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/how-much-do-you-spend-on-securing-your-bike.244840/

I have several locks of varying values which I use depending on where I’m likely to lock up...

freiston

Veteran
As his link in OP
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/how-much-do-you-spend-on-securing-your-bike.244840/

I have several locks of varying values which I use depending on where I’m likely to lock up...
(More or less) same here. I have a hefty, heavy chain and a shackle lock which get used for city centre/shopping stops, a cable loop and a lighter "dogbone" chain for cafe stops. Depending on various factors - particularly location, I tend to use different combinations of all the above. If I recall correctly, cost of each lock varies from about £20 to £40.

Top Bottom