How much do you spend on securing your bike?

how much do you spend on securing your bike

• less than £10

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • between £10 and £20

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • £21-£30

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • £31-£40

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • £41-£50

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • £50+

Votes: 32 52.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all. I was hoping you guys could let me in on how much you spend to help me with a project based around bike security. Since my last thread got quite a few responses, I hoped you guys could help me with this quick questionnaire too.
How much do you people spend on securing your bike?
Including ANYTHING: from locks to cables

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-19_21-46-37.png
    upload_2019-1-19_21-46-37.png
    125 bytes · Views: 40

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
The price I've voted for is on a discounted product. It would otherwise be £70 rrp.

Reactions: mjr

lane

Veteran
Can you calarify do you mean out and about or if including security at home such as scuring the garage?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'm in the under-thirty-quid-lock category, but I lob in about £25 of paper insurance. It stops me worrying, and that's the important bit, isn't it?

Lee_M

Guru
should I include the cost of my garage burglar alarm, or my electric gates?

What about the secure quick release axles I have?

What does your question actually mean?

You need a better, clearer question if you're going to get an answer that actually means anything

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
I am firmly of the opinion that nobody should have to lock their bikes. It is my opinion that the fact that we have to lock up our bikes, cars, homes, businesses, churches and children to keep them safe says more about the state of society than anything else at all.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
can't remember the actual price but i think it was 20-30 quid...

1_685937b20f3956aa7c91b2006748d539.jpg

Having seen the youtube videos of just how quickly the most expensive locks can be breached by a tooled up thief, i figured spending silly money was futile and went for something that would deter the 'average' thief, or at least make the bikes next to mine appear easier pray.

snorri

Legendary Member
I am firmly of the opinion that nobody should have to lock their bikes. It is my opinion that the fact that we have to lock up our bikes, cars, homes, businesses, churches and children to keep them safe says more about the state of society than anything else at all.
Decisions decisions, buy a bike lock or change society?
I'm a bit short of time for the latter so will continue to place my faith in the security of my Lidl bike lock. :smile:

Top Bottom