How much do you spend on securing your bike?

how much do you spend on securing your bike

• less than £10

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • between £10 and £20

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • £21-£30

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • £31-£40

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • £41-£50

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • £50+

Votes: 32 52.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Decisions decisions, buy a bike lock or change society?
I'm a bit short of time for the latter so will continue to place my faith in the security of my Lidl bike lock. :smile:
It's not an either/or! :smile:

Anyway, I lock my bike because I want to minimise walking (I'm still not right at that unless I concentrate hard, more than 18 months after breaking bone(s) in my foot) or taking taxis.

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
Lidl bike lock? I never saw those.

GilesM

Legendary Member
I bought a house to secure my bike. What can I say?

I turned my car-port into a garage, cost me about £1k, but it's currently securing 5 bikes and all my tools, spare wheels etc..

But if I'm in a country pub, I usually have a £15 lock for two bikes, so not sure how to answer the survey.

lane

Veteran
Yes same here. After my garage was broken into and three bikes stolen, and on police advice, I spent a good bit over £1k on security. That secures 4 bikes. Out on the road mostly I have a £15 lock for insurance purposes as much as anything.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Asking how much one spends on securing a bike doesn't really tell you much without knowledge of how much said bike is worth.
Does the amount one spends securing a bike depend on the monetary worth of the bike as much as its mobility worth, though? I proper lock my bike because I don't want to walk/bus/taxi home more than because it would cost me a lot to replace it.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Stupid question; when/where/whixh bike?

= an irrelevant answer

should I include the cost of my garage burglar alarm, or my electric gates?

What about the secure quick release axles I have?

What does your question actually mean?

You need a better, clearer question if you're going to get an answer that actually means anything

Sorry for the confusion! I mean when you go out, and you lock your bike, how much is that lock worth?

Top Bottom