How much do you spend on securing your bike?

how much do you spend on securing your bike

• less than £10

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • between £10 and £20

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • £21-£30

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • £31-£40

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • £41-£50

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • £50+

Votes: 32 52.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Ive invested in D lock and a hardened chain... If a thief really wants your bike, the thief is going to get it. The question is how fast can they get it, that's what determines if they go for your expensive bike, or the poor buggers next to yours. They're not going to hang around long. Having different locks requires different tools so even the most experience hard attacker or lock picker will likely walk on by if he sees he needs 2 different methods of getting access to your bike. The downside of course is the inconvenience and weight of such items. Only you can decide what matters most...

Ashimoto

Its very rarely out of my siight. Even if I nip into a little village shop in the middle of nowhere I lock it up. My lock is just a cheap combo lock. I would use something stronger if I was commuting and leaving the bike somewhere for a longer period.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Its very rarely out of my siight. Even if I nip into a little village shop in the middle of nowhere I lock it up. My lock is just a cheap combo lock. I would use something stronger if I was commuting and leaving the bike somewhere for a longer period.
Exactly my approach. I have two cable locks, a thick (key( one and one of those little retractable fag packet size jobs with a combination. I figure two rubbish locks will have to suffice for the very short periods while I nip into a village shop.

DSK

I voted £50+.

The reason being, I have realised that my bikes are not exactly cheap or easy to replace. For a few days I was wandering what would be best, use secure temporary storage if I go away or get suitable insurance cover with the home policy. So when I get off my butt and phone them next week, I guess I will have to pay extra to insure the bicycles suitably.

I do not use public parking/security so its a £0 for locks.

Top Bottom