How much does Halford charge to repair bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
tradesecrets said:
I have spotted the Boardy's Odin can read you loud and clear

Why would any outlet sell a product that isn't done correctly that would be Illegal and against all business practice and leaving themselves open for prosecution and a hefty fine

Anyone ever made a serious complaint or have they ever been mentioned on BBC's Rogue Trader's or Watchdog

That's not the issue here!

Halford's intentions are basically good.

But they cater for the lower/bottom end of the market and sell bikes that aren't of the highest standard/quality (although there are notable exceptions, as mentioned earlier).

A lot of their bikes are sold to young children and youngsters (12-16 - you must have seen the chavvy kids riding around on their bikes with their saddles far too low: well, that's their target group, by and large).

Halfords probably don't pay their staff very well, so consequently they're getting a lower standard of salesman, mechanic shopworker etc.

It IS unfair to label all Halfords as bad, because there are most certainly some very good staff and cycling enthusiasts employed at some of their stores, but these are in the minority.

Just search the forum: Halfords doesn't come out favourably, but if you wish to disregad our advice, then find out first-hand what we're advising you against!

gavintc

Guru
Listen, this is a forum and people will pitch in with their comment and experience. It is completely your decision where you go. But, if you do go to Halfords, be careful and make sure that the bike is in working order before you take it out on the road. It is your money, spend it where you want. Personally, I would not go near the shop.

OP
OP
T

tradesecrets

Maybe the setup has changed since I last walked inside a Halfords shop at Paisley it was donkeys ago and it was the first place I bought my first MBT and it lasted a good number of year's

At the present am just weighing up my options though I will take everything into consideration .

Top Bottom