How much was that the placebo effect i wonder?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

junkie_ball

So went out for a ride today sporting my new dhb aeon pro shorts, first time using a SiS hydra drink (rather than my normal squash) and tried a bandana under my helmet to help with sunburn and sweat. At the end of my ride i felt more comfortable in the saddle than i do with my £5-10 cycle shorts from Lidl, I seemed to sweat less (guessing bandana soaked up the sweat) and felt like I had more energy at the end of the ride (If i didn't have an appointment i would have carried on) makes me wonder how much of this was using a proper electrolyte drink and a better pair of short and how much was the placebo effect from having all the new gear. Either way hope to have many more rides like that.

Also had new elite bottle cages attached to the bike but sure they couldn't have an placebo effect.

How long was the ride?

OP
OP
junkie_ball

junkie_ball

It was a short one for many of you on here but for me a fairly long ride of 32 miles around the rolling hills of the mendips in somerset.

D

Deleted member 1258

Now that is obviously where I'm going wrong, most of my kit is ancient. ^_^

fabregas485

In all fairness, lycra tend to help with muscle recovery and blood flow if I remember correctly so it could be possible.

I would go with the drinks making the biggest effect, even i can tell the difference between tablet boosted drinks and water on hot days. The shorts probably sorted out as much sweat as the banana did.

Top Bottom