How much would I have to spend.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wayne Tully

Some real difference of opinions on here...... I'll just spend what I can afford when I need some then rather than upgrading for the sake of it then.... I just thought a set wheels would be a good spend and easier to hide than an N+1
Where are you based? You could try mine if you're nearby?

Also note that the people praising them are the people who actually own them.

OP
OP
simon the viking
Where are you based? You could try mine if you're nearby?

Also note that the people praising them are the people who actually own them.

Thanks for the offer, they certainly seem like a good buy but I'll just wait till I've worn out the originals and see whats about.... I was just trying to spend money I haven't really got

400bhp

Guru
Hmmm

Your just using for commuting? Which is how far?

I recently swapped from Shimano R501's to Planet X AL30's on my winter bike which is used for commuting and weekend rides. There's about 0.5 kg difference in weight between the wheelsets.

I don't notice much difference on my commute of c. 10 miles each way which is relatively flat (c. 400ft of climbing). I notice the difference on weekend rides. They require less effort to spin up on inclines (note I didn't say hills) and therefore I don't (feel like I) get as tired.

I changed the tyres at the same time too from Bontrager Race Lites to Conti GP400s, so another 200-300g saved.

OP
OP
simon the viking
Hmmm

Your just using for commuting? Which is how far?

I recently swapped from Shimano R501's to Planet X AL30's on my winter bike which is used for commuting and weekend rides. There's about 0.5 kg difference in weight between the wheelsets.

I don't notice much difference on my commute of c. 10 miles each way which is relatively flat (c. 400ft of climbing). I notice the difference on weekend rides. They require less effort to spin up on inclines (note I didn't say hills) and therefore I don't (feel like I) get as tired.

I changed the tyres at the same time too from Bontrager Race Lites to Conti GP400s, so another 200-300g saved.
commute is about 7 miles each way and an odd 30 mile weekend ride every now and again

Top Bottom