how much.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob500

I havnt spent a penny on cycling shiney stuff, I bought the bike I like, I was going to buy a carbon bottle holder because it looked nice, but the fact I don't cycle with a bottle kind of limits the need for a bottle holder, so for me I think if you want to buy stuff then good for you, im not fussed by the latest shiney set of Lycra shorts that promise to shave 4 seconds of the journey to work. But each to their own

Stuart, what do you mean by 'shiney stuff'? Gadget type techno things for your bike? Or have you really bought nothing but the bike itself?

Stuartaw11

Regular
Yes really just the bike, I throw on an old pair of shorts( sometimes pyjama shorts!) and hit the road, my mate who I ride with has a pump and a spare innertube so I figure why weigh myself down, the longest I ride is around 30 miles so I don't bother with water. I kind of like looking that I just borrowed someone elses bike, it's funny when mr Lycra looks at u like dirt and u go cruising by him up the next hill.

Rob500

Yes really just the bike, I throw on an old pair of shorts( sometimes pyjama shorts!) and hit the road, my mate who I ride with has a pump and a spare innertube so I figure why weigh myself down, the longest I ride is around 30 miles so I don't bother with water. I kind of like looking that I just borrowed someone elses bike, it's funny when mr Lycra looks at u like dirt and u go cruising by him up the next hill.

Hope you don't both get punctures on the same day.
LOL @ Mr Lycra.

PedAntics

Regular
The upgrades to my kit and bike were all necessary due to fair wear and tear, the Garmin 800 was a bit more tricky to explain :whistle:.

D

Deleted member 1258

As little as possible, I'll buy to replace stuff that's worn out, with anything else I will look at it to see if its a worthwhile upgrade to what I've got, or something I need, before I decide whether to buy or not.

Davidc

Guru
The OP says "how much". Like others above I have to answer "Too much". If I had all I've spent, excluding bikes and maintenance items, returned to me, and corrected for inflation, I could buy myself a mansion!!

Hip Priest

Veteran
Since deciding to start cycling about 6 months ago:

2 x MTB
1 x Road bike
1 x Helmet
3 x Sets of lights
1 x Pair of lycra shorts
2 x Cycling jerseys
1 x Hand pump
1 x Track pump
2 x Locks
3 x Tubes
1 x Puncture Repair / Multitool kit
1 x Flourescent jacket
1 x Waterproof jacket
1 x Bottle cage
1 x Bottle
1 x Saddle

So yeah, I started cycling mainly to save money...

Top Bottom