How not to drive a bus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Location
My Armchair
JS49110415.jpg


allegedly whilst the bus was moving :wacko:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...vestigation-launched-after-bus-driver-7985170
 
Maybe he's a 'bent rider.
 

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Location
Scotland
Is it an automatic?
If so it can be driven with only one leg.

I was just about to say the same thing, I don't think buses have clutches. The employer refers to 'displaying professionalism' which makes me think they're simply unhappy at his relaxed driving position rather than a lack of control.

GC
 
OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Location
My Armchair
Don't you need arms, as well!? ;)
Nah, they'd have been busy playing on his smartphone :whistle:
 

young Ed

Guru
if you're clever and very quick you can drive a manually with only one leg!

if i was thinking of becoming a bus driver just the fact they are all auto's now would put me right off
Cheers Ed
 

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
Nearly all modern buses are auto. While from a customer relations standpoint it's a stupid thing to do from a vehicle control standpoint it probably makes no difference.
 

KneesUp

Guru
if you're clever and very quick you can drive a manually with only one leg!

if i was thinking of becoming a bus driver just the fact they are all auto's now would put me right off
Cheers Ed
I imagine that blipping the throttle to speed up the lay-shaft on a bus is a rather more time-consuming affair than in a car though, so you wouldn't need to be that quick.
 

KneesUp

Guru
I can't understand why anyone would have a manual gearbox when you can get an automatic, I expect you all still use a starting handle too!
I had an automatic car once - never again. The modern ones that are basically a manual gearbox connected to a pile of hydraulics are ok, but the old 3-speed slush-a-matics were awful. Nice in traffic, admittedly.
 
Top Bottom