How not to overtake...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim

To be honest I'd rather people from this forum didn't contact them, as I think:

a) It's really just something to do with me and them
:biggrin: It's making a bigger deal out of it than it deserves.

It was a thoughtless and inconsiderate move on the part of the driver, and although there was a small possibility that I could have come to some harm, due to my positioning I had left myself a fair amount of room to maneuver and it was in no way a 'close shave'. I think a deluge of mail for such and incident would be out of proportion. If that was to happen I would probably not post any identifiable details about any similar incidents to this board again.

PrettyboyTim said:
To be honest I'd rather people from this forum didn't contact them, as I think:

a) It's really just something to do with me and them
:biggrin: It's making a bigger deal out of it than it deserves.

It was a thoughtless and inconsiderate move on the part of the driver, and although there was a small possibility that I could have come to some harm, due to my positioning I had left myself a fair amount of room to maneuver and it was in no way a 'close shave'. I think a deluge of mail for such and incident would be out of proportion. If that was to happen I would probably not post any identifiable details about any similar incidents to this board again.

That has happened to me in the past. Others wrote to compalin about my incident. It was great that others cares but it caused more harm than good. I was the third person to contact the firm and at first they thought I was just having them on.

Folks just check with the OP before forwarding on to the company.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I remember that. On the hand, the good thing about that was that the boss man took some heavy social pressure over that incident, and I think that made the whole video consequence to be rather more effective.

spindrift

There's also a freephone number on the van...

I was the third person to contact the firm and at first they thought I was just having them on.

Well, that bloke was very rude and dismissiove magna. he accused you of lying then claimed it was his secreteary then said he wasn't bothered by his employees threatening other people with violence!

Tynan

Veteran
BentMikey said:
What a knob jockey! One funny response to this sort of driving is to pull up next to the gap in front of him. Hold your right hand up vertical next to the back of the car in front, and motion him forwards with the left hand. All with a serious expression on your face, just as though you're helping someone to fit into a tight space whilst parking.

that's rather good Mikey

I think some lucky punter will getting that treatment on my route fairly soon

Top Bottom