England : Devon How often do you do a club run?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speccy1

I am an established member of my local club (well would like to think so!) and joining up was the best thing I have ever done, made some great friends from it too.

Was just wondering how often you guys ride that are in a club? I can`t do every week, but do about 2 Sunday club runs a month, I am part of the committee and take care of our club kit and orders, I partake in all of the weekends away, charity rides, time trials, social events etc etc etc

BUT.......it doesn`t stop me feeling guilty when I do fancy a Sunday lay in:wacko:

I work full time, commute to work every day which totals up to 160 miles per week, and spend Saturdays running around like a maniac trying to do all of the chores, and getting up to the alarm as per the rest of the week.

Is it unreasonable to expect a lazy morning now and again??

What does everybody else do??

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

Tavistock Wheelers:thumbsup::thumbsup:

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

I can see where you are coming from. I enjoy riding alone and with the group, just can`t help feeling guilty when I don`t go, even though there is no commitment

I must admit I do prefer to ride in a group , but sometimes I do ride alone in the week if i am off work.
I do ride with a club every Sunday ... 60/100 miles
Sundays are made for cycling ... :smile:

I was unaware Tavistock had a club....

Last edited:
OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

I must admit I prefer to ride in a group , but sometimes I ride alone in the week if i am off work
I ride with a club every Sunday ... 60/100 mile
Sundays are made for riding :smile:
Agree with the Sunday bit!!

I find if I ride in a group I am much faster and push myself harder

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I join my club for some/part of their Saturday rides. I'll also occasionally to their Wednesday rides if I'm available.

Sunday club runs - a couple of times a year only.

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

I join my club for some/part of their Saturday rides. I'll also occasionally to their Wednesday rides if I'm available.

Sunday club runs - a couple of times a year only.
We do Weds rides too, but only during the summer as they are in the evenings, good to have a blast after work though.....

GrasB

Veteran
I do a group ride with people from work once every other week, for some it's a good work out as they're not strong cyclists, for others it's a social ride. The slowest sets the pace & one gets left behind even if that means waiting for someone to rescue them.

In terms of club runs, only when I'm at my in-laws. Then I'll do a weekend & their mid-week ride if they're running at the time.

400bhp

Guru
Generally I CBA with club runs. They set off too late and faff about a lot. There's some odd bods in my local club(that I am no longer a member of) who run it like the bleedin mafia. Too much like a golf club mentality which is a shame.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I used to club run most sundays but now the kids are at that age when they want to play and do stuff with me so im lucky if i get a ride a month with the club.I would love to go all the time but by the time i get back a fair chunk of the day has gone so i mainly commute and have a quick blast at the weekend atm.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I very rarely do club runs. I've only done one this year. I do all the Club TTs though, and I've done a bit of marshalling.

Hip Priest

Veteran
[QUOTE 3153191, member: 30090"]Never, and never would do either. Pretentious bores imo - I'd rather ride on my own.[/QUOTE]

All clubs or just your local one?

Top Bottom