Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Occasionally for difficult jobs

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Only briefly in mid air following a collision or loss of control

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • How very dare you, I'm not a savage!

Votes: 20 35.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Well, it's still fairly early, but I doubt the results are going to change much overall.

It appears that half of us are civilised, agreeable, erudite, enlightenment beings who thrive on both practical intellectual pursuits (and own workstands).

WHEREAS THE OTHER HALF ARE ABSOLUTE SAVAGES WHO CAN'T BE TRUSTED TO LOOK AFTER ANYTHING MORE COMPLEX THAN A SPOON.

Still, at least it's not a divisive subject.

C R

Guru
Well, it's still fairly early, but I doubt the results are going to change much overall.

It appears that half of us are civilised, agreeable, erudite, enlightenment beings who thrive on both practical intellectual pursuits anally retentive weirdos (and own workstands).

WHEREAS THE OTHER HALF ARE ABSOLUTE SAVAGES WHO CAN'T BE TRUSTED TO LOOK AFTER ANYTHING MORE COMPLEX THAN A SPOON. PRAGMATIC REALISTS THAT MAKE THE BEST OF WHAT'S AT HAND.

Still, at least it's not a divisive subject.

FTFY

overmind

My other bike is a Pinarello
Bike stands are great for most jobs (calibrating gears, working on brakes etc..) but I find it is much easier to refit wheels with the bike upside down (so if I was adjusting the wheel bearings or fixing a puncture I would generally put the bike upside down).

I cannot comment for disk brakes though as I have no experience with those.

mustang1

Guru
Yup, the road bike is upside down frequently for chain cleaning purposes.

Not the e-bike though (I keep forgetting i cant rotate the pedals backwards :smile:) so that goes onto the bike stand.

Top Bottom