how often

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barrymanifold

Do you go out riding my 2nd time out to day 25 miles 1 hour 50 quite level terain . just dont want to over do it i am aiming for every three days ?

Why not ride it every day? Your legs will tell you if you are over-doing it. Just ride the bike and enjoy it.

D

Deleted member 1258

Ride as often as you are comfortable with, if you feel tired have a rest day, if you feel you are forcing yourself to go out cycling you are probably over doing it and need to cut down on your riding. rest is as important as the cycling, rest gives your body time to recover from the exercise and that will help you improve.

I'm commuting 5 days a week, 13 miles a day plus I'm out on a Sunday morning 2 or three times a month, normal Sunday ride is somewhere between 50 and 70 miles, Sunday last I did 74 miles.

My post on Sunday last is about half way down this page.

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.8938/page-341

stephen.rooke

nearly everyday unless i need my car for work, (7.5miles each way) and on days off im usually doing anywhere between 20-40miles, and looking to start increasing the miles more

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
I ride several times a week mixing up the distances and types of terrain to keep thing interesting. If I've done a really hard ride I'll take a day or two off to let my muscles have a rest but I get withdrawal symptoms if I go more than about 3 days without a bike ride.

G-Zero

Über Member
I made the most of the nice weather over the past week and did 37 miles on the trails, with a rest day, followed by a 38 mile trail run with Mrs G and a rest day, followed by a 24 mile commute to work on Sunday night and a return 24 miles 9 hours later.

We're heading out later today for a 50 mile trail run and a bacon sarnie at Park Head Station on the C2C route once the kids are off to school.

Scrappy

Regular
This is an Interesting thread, well done guys!!. I don’t know if you have read my new member thread, I just got a bike again after 10 years and I’m easing into it very slowly, I’m on my 3rd day and doing around 3 miles every morning, it seems pretty pathetic in comparison to most of you :blush: , but thinking about it, some of you do more miles than my car :laugh:

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Im only able to do a 10 mile round trip commute 5 days a week at the moment, would increase it going in but theres no showers and im still at a weight where I sweat loads!

Have been able to do a 10 miler to the train station with possibly another 15-20 tonight. With this weekend looking good too with family coming down to stay with me and they have offered to take little man to the beach for me! Lots more miles in the pipeline for the weekend!!!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

lulubel

Über Member
I aim to ride 6 days a week, and at least 100 miles over the week.

But, as others have said, do as much or as little as you feel comfortable with. I certainly wasn't riding that often or that far when I first started.

OP
OP
B

barrymanifold

Thanks for all the advice lots to take in and learn. Doing different terain over shorter rides seems a good idea as sooner or later i am going to have to go up big hills Being a plumber on my knees for fourty years hasnt helped but riding seems to loosen them up .

Top Bottom