• Under 16: Just a wee pup

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 16 - 21: nearly a full grown wo/man!

• 22 - 29: In your prime

• 30 - 40: Older & wiser

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • 40 - 50: Old enough to be most members father.

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • 50+: Was riding fixed before it was fashionable

Votes: 41 64.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Good work!

Yep, I felt old as my hip reduced to bone on bone. Now three weeks since having it replaced I feel rejuvenated. I can walk without a stick, and without a limp for the first time in years. (bit sore though)
Excellent news - I hope you make a full and speedy recovery.

Both of my dad's hips went before he was your age but we couldn't persuade him to have them replaced so he spent nearly 30 years hobbling about and most of the last year of his life stuck in bed.

Venod

Eh up
i had some of those,they were massive.

Not me but it gives you youngsters an Idea of the bars we were using, I notice Alan Bennett was a bit more conservative in his choice.

Tracker 1965 1.jpg

simon.r

Person
Not me but it gives you youngsters an Idea of the bars we were using, I notice Alan Bennett was a bit more conservative in his choice.

View attachment 340694

I remember withdrawing my savings from the Post Office to buy some cow-horn bars to put on my 3 speed hub geared racer. I'm fairly certain they cost £1.30. My Dad was very angry with me for being so frivolous with my money!

simon.r

Person

View attachment 340694

Given the absence of front brakes I suspect that photo is of a cycle speedway group. Or at a least a bunch of lads who modelled their bikes on cycle speedway bikes.

Top Bottom