How old is the oldest tool in your cycle collection - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Surprised there still available.

Found one on the bay of E.

Gwylan

Veteran
Inherited from my father in my 20s. That's 50+ years ago.

A screwdriver, bit like Trig's broom. A shifting spanner- a beautiful piece of work.
A Mole wrench that my brother and I bought him when I was about 8.
Sundry odd non metric spanners.

Sharky

Guru
Well, started sifting through a box in the shed with old bits and pieces and what did I find...
IMG_20230705_154744.jpg

Bit of surface rust and dirt, but cleaned it up a fair bit. A bit more elbow grease and it will be even more clean. Bit dirty on the other side.

Now as it is such a valuable item, I will offer it free to the first chatter who pm's me with their contact details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Well, started sifting through a box in the shed with old bits and pieces and what did I find...
View attachment 697641

Bit of surface rust and dirt, but cleaned it up a fair bit. A bit more elbow grease and it will be even more clean. Bit dirty on the other side.

Now as it is such a valuable item, I will offer it free to the first chatter who pm's me with their contact details.
Generous of you, I wish I’d known that yesterday, I’ve bought one now.

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Is that the one that @welsh dragon gave you with the warning, 'be careful with it, I bought that with my first wages.' 😂

You're not funny you know. Well maybe just a bit. :laugh:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I still have a Campagnolo Allen key, must be 1960, standard 'L' shape but with a hex socket welded onto the longer end. Can't find my Mavic socket for adjusting Mavic 'Racer' centre pulls - must be somewhere - same date. Also still have the Regina 5 speed block remover.

Top Bottom