How old is to old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Just tried to enter next years Prudential 100, have been told i am to old, i will be 67 next year. I could do that ride every day for a week, it's not like it's a hard ride. WTF.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Is that Brut or Old Spice, squire?

Venod

Eh up
This is very bad development, I am 66 and could get the bike out now and ride a much harder hillier 100, who is monitoring the suitability of all the younger less fit applicants?

Ride London is not my type of thing so I won't be entering, but I feel all the older girls and boys ought to be given the opportunity if so inclined, it smacks of ageism.

Edit. I can't see any upper age limit on the Ride London Site.

Last edited:
Just tag along anyway?
They keep the ballot open until there are 80,000 candidates for 20,000 places, so they will try to keep the roads only for those who have got in. Though I have joined the route briefly when I needed to go somewhere, and the Marshalls just shouted encouragement. Lol.

Lying about your age is a better approach. :okay:

As the article says - par for the course.
Which I agree with. I think they are lucky to average just one a year. And as I pointed out in my edit, younger men have also died.

Though now I look it up, it was a 67 year old last year, and a 69 year old this. I don't think it's H&S, I just think they want to reduce the risk of bad publicity, and think excluding older riders is the way to do it.

They don't ask for proof of age. Just saying...……….

Just tried to enter next years Prudential 100, have been told i am to old, i will be 67 next year.
Are you sure? I just registered (accidentally) using 1949 as my birth year l. I've now changed that to 1901 as you can't withdraw your entry. I don't want "him" getting a ballot place, as he doesn't exist.

Edit: obviously posted before I'd read the above

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

It's probably their insurance company making the rules

Top Bottom