How safe is Paypal?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Globalti, 10 Jan 2008.

1. davidwalton

davidwalton New Member

Yes, Western Union can be expensive. It is also extremely quick to get cash in to the hands of another in many countries though. As a one-off thing to get cash to someone quickly, it is OK.

If I were needing to get money to someone regularly, I would do it through the Bank, Standing Order, Direct Debit, or single Order/Transfer. I can do this on-line myself with little hassle. Just takes longer for money to get through.

2. andygates

andygates New Member

Bank to another currency in another country is still a hell of a faff though, unless something has changed.

3. davidwalton

davidwalton New Member

I have not done it with another currency in another country, but works fine in the UK in UK Sterling. Perhaps that is why Western Union charges are as high as they are, ie. cash available at a counter within minutes of it being sent.

4. NickM

NickM Veteran

Perhaps you will be consoled by the fact that your story has put me right off using them for a forthcoming purchase :angry:

5. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Moderator

partly. stupid business practice. i lose out paying £219 for a camera they could have supplied for £175. they lose out because they could have supplied said camera and got the lost item paid for by parcelforce, but instead, due to their ridiculous investigation policy, have ended up refunding all the money whilst still having to pay sellers fees to paypal. or making a loss on the transaction in other words ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice