How Stupid Are You?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Fair dos Mr Pig.

Not saying it was your fault, or the dog's, but you're right to judge the situation and I guess if you know the risk then perhaps it is best to run.

Some people just shouldn't have animals if they can't look after or train them properly.

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Many many moons ago when I was a wee nipper it was Christmas day and I was out trying my state of the art Rayleigh 10 geared racer. As looked down in awe watching at how the gears changed up and down I promptly cycled into the next door neighbours parked car and buckled my front wheel :tongue::sad::tongue:

I've done something similar involving a block of wood on a dual carriageway hard shoulder and a similar gear checking moment. Next thing I knew, I was in the inside lane, on the deck and still strapped into my toeclips with a four axle tipper truck about 50 yards away. It's amazing how quickly you can extricate yourself from toeclips when you need to.

My stupidest fall was on the tramlines at Bilston in the West Midlands. I tried to cross them at too shallow an angle while going at about 25mph and went over the bars into a pedestrian fence. I picked my helmet up off the floor in two pieces and my shoulder is still scarred. (The fence is still bent, too.) The stupidest part of my stupidest accident was that I saw it all happen beforehand; the thought process went something like:

"Hmmm. If I try and cross the tramlines at this speed and angle, I'll fall off and probably hurt myself quite badly."

" ... "

"Oh well. Here goes!"

:biggrin::biggrin:

Actually, my stupidest fall of all time must be when I faceplanted the tarmac in Bahrain after applying the front V brake on my dad's MTB, which (oddly) was wired up to the left hand lever. I had consumed an enormous amount of Stella, so didn't feel much until the next morning, when I discovered I'd sprained my wrist and knocked chunks out of my face.:biggrin: Serves me right, I suppose.

OP
OP
Mr Pig

Mr Pig

Night Train said:
I guess if you know the risk then perhaps it is best to run.

No, it was a mistake. I should have reported it. I phoned the local police station this morning and reported it. That way if the owner does complain to them they'll know who I am and I've at least done the right thing by reporting it, if a tad late!

Top Bottom