How sympathetic is your other half to cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

Mine did the 50 mile Great Notts Ride with me this year:biggrin:, the turbo trainer seems to always have her bike mounted on it:rolleyes:, and whenever I put on the full lycra kit she gets a bit frisky;). So, I think she is kind of supportive of my cycling.

p.s. get the Orca

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Mine is very supportive. We used to ride together BC (before children). She still gets out on her bike from time to time but not as much as I'd like.
She let me build and store my new bike in the bedroom where it resided until I got the garage roof sorted.

longers said:
How far did you get Dayvo? :biggrin::ohmy:;)

:biggrin::biggrin:

Well, today we didn't get much further than the bedroom! :biggrin::tongue:

See what happens next weekend. Hope it's shite weather again! :biggrin:

Although I start my winter spinning tomorrow (and that's not a euphemism for anything :biggrin:), so at least I get some time in the saddle. :biggrin:

How was your holiday, longers?

longers

Legendary Member
Great holiday Dayvo, rode a tandem for the first time :biggrin:, loads of wildlife, a three day party for the wedding, met lots of proper cowboys, met two wolves, did some mtb'ing and we did some scrambling up daft mountainsides :biggrin:

If anyone's interested I've got a couple of good photo's that I could get round to posting on here.

longers said:
If anyone's interested I've got a couple of good photo's that I could get round to posting on here.

I'm sure we are, longers! Don't be shy. :biggrin:
Glad you had a good time.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Dayvo said:
My 'about to be ex' other half likes cycling, although we haven't cycled together, we haven't/didn't get that far!

Is that the same person as the one you only got as far as the bedroom with? You really do not know whether you are coming or going do you?
Or is the usual state of affairs in Stockholm?

longers

Legendary Member
To get back to the OP. My only responsibilities are to myself and to the dog.

Lots of cycling but I do have to be fair to the dog. The perfect cycling days are also the same days which are perfect for one of our epic walks. She gets 4 varied walks a day minimum and I can take her with me on some of the rides (about 9mph is fair).

It does mean I can't cycle as much as I want to but there are very few people who can.

She doesn't mind if I spend my money on bikes and kit as long as I keep her in Eukanuba and yoghurt.

gbb

Legendary Member
Its funny this post came up, because i was thinking of asking the same q the other day...

My wife supports my cycling, but doesnt share the passion. It undoubtedy intrudes into 'our' time together, for which i sometimes feel quite guilty. If i work Saturday, we only have Sunday together...and then i ride off into the distance for a good slice of that time :biggrin:

Its a balancing act between making enough time for your partner, and being selfish sometimes... I always try to make sure she gets quality time before or after any ride time.

mondobongo

Über Member
Mrs Bongo is really good, although draws the line at bikes in the living room.
Get the occasional nag about expenditure but generally get the goodies no probs with weekends away when I MTBed. Whether I will get away to Spain for a week with Club will be a different matter but will see. Seems to think that I being a Roadie will be cheaper :biggrin: dropped the first hint about having a carbon good bike just tonight, more work required on that one.

Top Bottom