How tasty is your flesh?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Is it my imagination or are there a LOT more midges, horse flies, mosquitos and general bloodsuckers about this year?

Or has my flesh just reached a maturity that is particularly appealing to the little bitey buggers?

Rumour has it that if you get bitten a lot then it's a sign that you have 'good blood', which sounds odd, but is reassuring enough for me to believe (for now).

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I think that it might be your imagination.

I spend nearly three weeks in the company of the Danube this summer and I was bitten much less than I was last year on the upper reaches of the river.

Next year I might continue along the Danube into Romania and will research whether or not I get near Transylvania then I will worry about bloodsucking on a larger scale.

Just had a quick look and it does....

Gulp!

Globalti

Legendary Member
The Caledonian Luftwaffe is certainly as bad as ever this summer as ever, thanks to the warm wet weather. I've heard that in NW Scotland they are not so active because it's been so dry there.

vernon

It's that cherry vodka and the strange rum that you drink Vernon, if I were a midge, I'd take one sniff and move on :laugh:

The Caledonian Luftwaffe is certainly as bad as ever this summer as ever, thanks to the warm wet weather. I've heard that in NW Scotland they are not so active because it's been so dry there.

They were horrendous at Knockengorroch in the first week of June. It was like walking through clouds of smoke going from the car park to the festival itself. Thanks to Avon Skin So Soft I had only half a dozen bites.

Herr-B

We have skin most like a pigs, ergo we taste like bacon, and even veggies struggle not to eat bacon.

Bacon! Come on, your not going to deny midges and mozzies bacon are you?

;)

From dog and bone, using Tapatalk2.

vernon

It's that cherry vodka and the strange rum that you drink Vernon, if I were a midge, I'd take one sniff and move on :laugh:

I'm fully dried out from my alcoholic summer excesses. Fruit schnapps/vodka and a couple of cans before setting off each day might have kept the midges and at bay but heralded the arrival of pink elephants.

My tour partner, Rohit has yet to recover.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
According to Mrs A_T it has been shown that whether you are attractive to insect bites does have something to do with your blood type... I'll have a Google-look to see if she's not winding me up!

There's quite a bit about it... plus this:
http://scienceline.org/2007/09/ask-knight-mosquitoes/

postman

Legendary Member
Don't talk to me about bugs and creepy crawly things,see my post 06-30 till 23-00 in the Health forum.Soddin things.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Have been bitten more times this year then any other I can remember.
Had a particularly nasty bite on the leg a couple of weeks back. Has faded now but swelled up like a golf ball. This was in my garden and have never been bitten by any insects there before.

asterix

Comrade Member
Hmm, I've had a couple of bikes that morphed into bruises about 6cm wide. My sister has reported similar troubles this year, in fact she got so badly bitten she had to have antibiotics and time off work!

Have you tried a 0.75% application of isothipendyl gel? Worked wonders on a bee sting I got recently. Unfortunately I don't know a UK name, it's 'Apaisylgel' in France where it is made by Merck. For insect bites and nettle stings

Top Bottom