How tasty is your flesh?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just wash in lemon soap. The little blighters will avoid you like the plague.

yello

I was sold something by a French chemist for a bee sting I got on PBP. It contained cortisone. I was afraid of dope testing and avoided the next control. Some of that isn't true.

I think different people are differently tasty. My wife will complain about being bitten by mosquito's etc yet I'm untouched. I used to think it was that perhaps I just didn't react as she did but that's not the case, I've seen her be attacked by mozzies. We walked through a forest once (intentionally, we weren't lost), and she was getting bitten constantly and I could see it happening. Her skin was a sea of red bite marks afterwards and yet I was completely untouched.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
allegedly the SAS and Sir David Attenborough all swear by this
skinsosoft.jpg

I picked up nine bites on my back last night in the garden...yet none the night before when my sister lent me some of this stuff. I smelt lovely too.I promise this is not a joke it seems to really work.

I dont recall getting midge bites or sunburn as a kid and never wore screen or anti bite stuff, perhaps our halcyon memories are somewhat selective.

these days I get tons of bites and find that I react poorly to the venom and over scratch them, which leave nasty marks for ages. I'll keep trying the Avon solution for the rest of the year. Mrs Jeez has kindly ordered me two bottles.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
It has been reported that there have been more mozzies this year due to the earlier damp conditions: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14613140

I'm doing nightly checks around the house as they seem to decide my bedtime coincides with their breakfast, lunch and tea time! Last night we killed about 9 in the house, and I've already killed 2 this morning.

Pauluk

Well I've just managed to cycle to work for the first time in 3 weeks. I was bitten by something on the back of my leg while out cycling and have been laid up on 2 courses of antibiotics. For one of the 3 weeks I was off work and had to sit with ice packs on my leg and had several sores break out on my foot and ankle. This was horrible, I've never had anything like this before and after 3 weeks my leg has just got back to normal size.

I cycled today in trousers as I am still concerned about getting bitten and having this problem again. Not as nice as riding in shorts.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Have been bitten more times this year then any other I can remember.
Had a particularly nasty bite on the leg a couple of weeks back. Has faded now but swelled up like a golf ball. This was in my garden and have never been bitten by any insects there before.

+ 1. I daren't venture out without some Jungle Formula at dusk. Never been bit so bad ... apart from Cyprus a couple of years ago when I got so pished and couldn't find the plug-in repellents.
Also note that the bites have caused a lot more reaction than normal. I had on the middle of my shin that made all the lower leg swell up.

Sandra6

Veteran
That skin so soft stuff does work.
I'm in the tasty blood category when it comes to being bitten. I also react badly to some insect bites -I've had celullitus in the past as a result of a bug bite.
I found the avon stuff kept them at bay, and I use anthisan cream after if one gets through my defences.

asterix

Comrade Member
Well I've just managed to cycle to work for the first time in 3 weeks. I was bitten by something on the back of my leg while out cycling and have been laid up on 2 courses of antibiotics. For one of the 3 weeks I was off work and had to sit with ice packs on my leg and had several sores break out on my foot and ankle. This was horrible, I've never had anything like this before and after 3 weeks my leg has just got back to normal size.

I cycled today in trousers as I am still concerned about getting bitten and having this problem again. Not as nice as riding in shorts.

You have my sympathy! I too am on anti-biotics after a bee sting, 4 days to go. It made my forehead and around the eye swell up some 10 days after the event. Since there is a chance it was not the sting, the French doctor has taken samples which are being analysed by the laboratoire. However, the swelling has gone and I am not working due only to the heat. Gonna be mid 30s again.

Top Bottom