How the F word do you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi All. I have one of those without the gauge by Push and they are designed to fit onto both schrader and presta valves with out changing any internal fittings. Just push onto the valve, operate locking lever and pump away. Takes a lot of effort to pump up an MTB tyre though which is why I am waiting for my track pump to arrive.
P.S The cap is to keep water out as mine is mounted down near the bottom bracket

OP
OP
The Jogger

The Jogger

Legendary Member
At last I've cracked it. Not like it use to be is it? Pumping I mean :biggrin:
The pressure was reading about 50-60 instead of 125 but they seem hard.
Roy

Graham O

That is a very similar pump to one I have. I've tried reading the pressure, but it consistently reads low. To get a better idea of the actual pressure, look at it the moment when you stop pumping, which isn't actually possible, because your hand is probably in the way! Doh! If the tyres are hard, that is more important than what the pump reads.

When pumping, make sure you don't wobble the pump on the valve too much. Even with a lock nut on the valve, it is still possible to rip the valve out of the tube. (Happened to me 10 minutes before I was due in the pool for a triathlon.)

Although it is more cost, do consider a track pump, i.e. floor mounted. Much faster and easier to get a high pressure. I bought a Halfords one which worked brilliantly for 2 years and then failed. 2 Years isn't a bad life, but in reality, it had probably only been used 50 times if that. Not happy.

Top Bottom