how to attach giant rear rack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Georgem123

hi all

i recently purchased a giant rear rack, but i am struggling to fit it to my bike

it seems to have to sets of metal rods and i cant see how it all fits together

anyone knwo how to do it or know of a video showing how?

the rods will come out of the rack horizontally and usually screw into the brake bosses, that is of course assuming that your bike has some. If it does not, then you will need P clamps or similar to attach the rack to the frame in the same area as to where the brake bosses would be.
the photo just about shows what I am referring to.. it was taken for alternative reasons and the rack was removed temporarily from my bike yesterday for a long ride, and I haven't put it back on yet...

IMG_0472.JPG

Also found this in a review on what I am guessing is your rack.
Good rack light weight but not instructions on how to fit. Took a bit of time but finally worked how to use the mounting clamps. Take apart, pass through the appropriate sized rod, reassemble the clamp around the rod, screw through the hole on the top of the rack plate to tighten and clamp the rod which is secured to the bike frame at the other end.

D

Deleted member 22722

hi all

i recently purchased a giant rear rack, but i am struggling to fit it to my bike

it seems to have to sets of metal rods and i cant see how it all fits together

anyone knwo how to do it or know of a video showing how?

You will need a seat collar with rack mounts such as this one http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb...llar.with.rack.mount.quick.release/592/39114/ The 2 metal rods that you mentioned attach to either side of the seat collar (screw supplied bolts into the little holes shown in the pic).

It's what I used on my Defy 1 when I used to use a rack.

alans

black belt lounge lizard
the rods will come out of the rack horizontally and usually screw into the brake bosses, braze-ons that is of course assuming that your bike has some. If it does not, then you will need P clamps or similar to attach the rack to the frame in the same area as to where the brake bosses
braze-ons would be.
the photo just about shows what I am referring to.. it was taken for alternative reasons and the rack was removed temporarily from my bike yesterday for a long ride, and I haven't put it back on yet...

View attachment 50282

my strike-thru & my bold.
Hope you don't mind.

D

Deleted member 22722

The Defy 1 (at least my model from 2012) has the bottom rack mount but doesn't have the braze-ons at the seat stay at the top hence the need for an alternate solution such as a seat collar that I previously suggested.

Top Bottom