1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to do your fastest commute ever.....and get Strava P.B's........

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by simon the viking, 19 Dec 2016.

Tags:
  1. Easy....

offer to cycle home with a work colleague who lives near you..... Who mountain bikes, posts videos of himself trick unicycling (annoyingly he's really good...) and rides a road bike as his normal transport.... and most importantly only does part time as he is still in six form so has 30 years on you.....

Got home and Mrs V said 'your home early.....'

to which I replied.... :wacko: and :surrender: and :hyper: and xx(

DrLex, Pat "5mph", mustang1 and 8 others like this.
  2. BlackPanther

BlackPanther Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.

Another way to set a record is to be overtaken whilst daydreaming, then battle back in front. I once had a race flat out for over 6 miles. Fortunately he turned off whilst I was leading as I was completely spent......I was about to feign a mechanical problem and pull over before I keeled over.

raleighnut, dan_bo, BrumJim and 3 others like this.
  3. Lonestar

Lonestar Rat Run Cyclist

I get overtaken when they jump the reds.Unfortunately they are as slow as f................

4. Strava.......moped. Thats the answer.:0)

5. RideLikeTheStig

RideLikeTheStig Co-founder (displaced) Ex staff member

Hayabusa is another answer.

greekonabike and steveindenmark like this.
  6. cyberknight

cyberknight Guru

Lets his tyres down , you cant let them see any sign of weakness.

7. hennbell

hennbell Über Member

I recently lost a KOM to a cyclist who was highly wind assisted.
    Shocking fast average speed of 48 km/h compared to my 40 km/h, the wind was at his back and over 60 km/h

8. kernowpaul

kernowpaul Regular

I find the best way to PB my commute into work is to oversleep and realise I should have been at work an hour before

9. BrumJim

BrumJim Poster

I used to leave a little later than I felt comfortable with, so as to encourage me to go all-out on the way to the station, and therefore not miss the train. Even better was knowing the timings on traffic lights, and therefore knowing that if the one at the top of the hill turned green as I was at the bottom, I had just enough time to hit the phase, and therefore not miss my train, but only if I gave it everthing I had, i.e. feeling sick at the end.

Had to keep a good eye on the wind direction, though.

10. HarryTheDog

HarryTheDog Über Member

Or use a plane like I believe this guy did, bloody fast plane as well. upload_2017-1-11_15-25-31.png

11. I left my phone sitting on top of a computer once with strava running.... I think that day my commute was over the bay of Biscay at Mach 2.......

Edit.... Found the thread I put picture of it up.... It was 1100 mph heading towards the Ascension islands
    https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/a-little-tip.143308/#post-2758674

Last edited: 12 Jan 2017