1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to embarrass the Govt (even more)

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Arch, 21 Nov 2007.

1. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Someone has just made a suggestion over lunch, for embarrassing the Inland Revenue even more.

Recruit thousands of people to each take a blank CD, label it clearly "Inland Revenue, Child Benefit Info" and leave them lying around in public places...

2. I think the information commissioners office would wholly support that as they are probably sticking forks in their eyes for fun today...

3. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

or perhaps "cabinet office personnel file backup" :blush:

4. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

You could do it like bookcrossing. Give each blank CD an indentifier and see how quickly they are returned to the police or HMRC.

What a useless bunch, honestly.

5. Or alternatively you could attach them all to helium filled balloons and see how far they get.

6. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

:blush::biggrin::biggrin:

7. OP
    OP
    Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

:blush::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Except that releasing balloons is bad, on account of them bursting and getting swallowed by ducks...:smile:

I like the bookcrossing idea...

To get potential fraudsters really excited, I could burn copies of my PhD database under a suitable file name. They see a file, think "wheyhay!" and open it, to find 25,000 measurements from medieval sheep. Who knows, one of them might do my PhD for me...:smile:

8. Oh I know...how about attaching them to rubber ducks instead. I remember seeing on the news a while ago an article about a load of rubber ducks which were lost off a container ship, and they're somewhere in the pacific at the moment...

9. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

I've just realised that I actually know the Head of Customer Relations at HMRC. Can anyone think of any questions they'd like me to ask him next time we are cycling together? (He has a Dahon and a folding Paratrooper, by the way).

10. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

The really worrying thing will be if they manage to get credit cards for the medieval sheep. :blush:

11. meenaghman

meenaghman Veteran

I've just realised that I actually know the Head of Customer Relations at HMRC. Can anyone think of any questions they'd like me to ask him next time we are cycling together? (He has a Dahon and a folding Paratrooper, by the way).

>>> yes I now presume "its in the post" is a VALID excuse for a late Tax return.

12. Pete

Pete Guest

A word of caution. I wonder whether leaving fake CDs lying around might be classed as a felony - under the 'wasting police time' category. Not as serious as the 'Wearside Jack' case, maybe, but...

...or is this the modern equivalent of "I'm Spartacus"?

13. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

BAAAAAAAAAAAclays will do it! :smile: (He said sheepishly)

14. abchandler

abchandler Senior Member

15. magnatom

magnatom Guest

:blush::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Absolute classic!!!:smile: