How to embarrass the Govt (even more)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Someone has just made a suggestion over lunch, for embarrassing the Inland Revenue even more.

Recruit thousands of people to each take a blank CD, label it clearly "Inland Revenue, Child Benefit Info" and leave them lying around in public places...

I think the information commissioners office would wholly support that as they are probably sticking forks in their eyes for fun today...

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch said:
Someone has just made a suggestion over lunch, for embarrassing the Inland Revenue even more.

Recruit thousands of people to each take a blank CD, label it clearly "Inland Revenue, Child Benefit Info" and leave them lying around in public places...

or perhaps "cabinet office personnel file backup" :blush:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Kirstie said:
Or alternatively you could attach them all to helium filled balloons and see how far they get.

:blush::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Except that releasing balloons is bad, on account of them bursting and getting swallowed by ducks...:smile:

I like the bookcrossing idea...

To get potential fraudsters really excited, I could burn copies of my PhD database under a suitable file name. They see a file, think "wheyhay!" and open it, to find 25,000 measurements from medieval sheep. Who knows, one of them might do my PhD for me...:smile:

Oh I know...how about attaching them to rubber ducks instead. I remember seeing on the news a while ago an article about a load of rubber ducks which were lost off a container ship, and they're somewhere in the pacific at the moment...

I've just realised that I actually know the Head of Customer Relations at HMRC. Can anyone think of any questions they'd like me to ask him next time we are cycling together? (He has a Dahon and a folding Paratrooper, by the way).

Arch said:
: They see a file, think "wheyhay!" and open it, to find 25,000 measurements from medieval sheep. Who knows, one of them might do my PhD for me...:smile:

The really worrying thing will be if they manage to get credit cards for the medieval sheep. :blush:

I've just realised that I actually know the Head of Customer Relations at HMRC. Can anyone think of any questions they'd like me to ask him next time we are cycling together? (He has a Dahon and a folding Paratrooper, by the way).

>>> yes I now presume "its in the post" is a VALID excuse for a late Tax return.

Pete

A word of caution. I wonder whether leaving fake CDs lying around might be classed as a felony - under the 'wasting police time' category. Not as serious as the 'Wearside Jack' case, maybe, but...

...or is this the modern equivalent of "I'm Spartacus"?

Top Bottom