How to extract the maximum amount of energy gel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I was pondering this today and wondered if anyone had any tips.

I took 4 energy gels (the Go brand) out with me today and as ever, squeezed out as much as I could to ensure I got as much of the goo as possible. When I got home though, I took the 'empty' gel sachets, put them on a chopping board and with the flat of a knife ensuring all the remaining liquid was expelled, expelled all the remaining liquid(!) I was as surprised as I was disappointed to discover there was virtually a full sachet's worth of gel extracted from all four combined 'empty' sachets. What a waste!

Has anyone got any tips or ideas as to how to obtain the maximum amount of gel? I see the professionals give one squeeze and chuck away the sachet - they've got a fairly unlimited supply in reserve but we're pretty much restricted as to what we take with us. Please be aware this should be obtaining the maximum amount while on the move, not stopping and squeezing the tube between thumb and forefinger while sliding it back in the other hand.

400bhp

Guru
Don't use them.

Just eat proper food.

vickster

Legendary Member
Buy a bag of these

CY0087.jpg

J4MIE_P

For me it's usually a case of;
- Squeeze as much out as I can using two fingers over the top and bottom of the gel wrapper.
- Then I begin to sqeeze from the bottom and keep folding up the wrapper into about 1/2" chunks until it's all folded up
- Now it's all folded I can just put it back into the jersey pocket too :biggrin:

Hope that helps

jayonabike