How to find a touring partner?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
the local ctc could be a good place to start.the section i'm in has all sorts of oddballs touring all over the place both locally and globally. tours are usually arranged by individual members and are open for anyone to join in.
mention your plans to someone they may be interested.

videoman

Guru
I'm in the same position. Where are you based BTFB although this is not important to myself as I live in Tenerife but we have a house in the UK so I am used to lots of travel.
I'm 47 and mostly cycle on my own here in Tenerife but have been looking at your recent tour along with many others and would love to ride either in the UK or Europe for a few weeks although I would prefer to see the countryside and local attractions as opposed to completing as many miles as possible.
Wife thinks I'm mad wanting to cycle and camp again at my age but it whats keeps you young is my excuse. I have even been looking at tents in Decathlon this afternoon.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Hi ,

Well I am Essex based, 46 years old, Married etc
i am trying to plan next spring/summers tour(s) and have been doing some basic investigations along these lines:

1) Strasbourg to the Hook of holland
2) Calais to the WW1 battlefields
3) Calais to Perignion or vice versa

These are just ideas at this point. I am not fit...which is why i am riding. I would be happy riding around 60-80km each day with a loaded tour bike assuming reasonable weather and no massive hills. I have a tent etc which i would carry on these tours as I'd need to keep the costs right down. I have time on my side at the moment (although that might change) and am not limited by employment holidays etc.

I will also be trying to do some shorter UK tours from home as well...not sure where....Norfolk was nice, I may do it again if the sun promises to shine!...or along the south coast is another option.

Wherever possible I am trying to minimise cost by camping and avoiding planes trains and automobiles etc.

videoman

Guru
Any of those places would be great as its the option of riding with someone else I'd like as I do not really have any constraints on time, destination or anything else. I think the wife is just pleased to get rid of me for a week or two.
Camping is fine by me as everything has to be cost effective according to my wife (unless she's having her hair done).

videoman

Guru
We have booked flights to visit the UK on 20/11/07 for two weeks but we could be back before as we have accepted an offer on our house (although we will be buying a smaller one).

videoman

Guru
Suppose we should use PM or we may get talked about.

Top Bottom