How to fit a Zipp 30 Course rear wheel to the 2016 Roubaix SCS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norseman

I was under the impression that my 2016 Specialized Roubaix SL4 Elite Disc was without the SCS derailleur hanger, but when I tried to adjust the rear derailleur it snagged on the frame on the lowest gear.

Any advice on how to make the wheels work with the scs derailleur is appreciated - or do I have to buy the non-scs hanger?

OP
OP
Norseman

Norseman

I found the answer on the internet and installed the part today.

I replaced the SCS derailleur hanger with Specialized part no 9890-4226 hanger for Crux – Wheels MFG P# 146 and the gear shifted down to the smallest cog without touching the derailleur. I'll call that a success :-)

OP
OP
Norseman

Norseman

A solution to a problem few knew existed? SCS - Short Chain Stay. Specialized have implemented this on their bikes with disc brakes (Crux, Diverge and Roubaix) and have installed a rear derailleur hanger with a 2,5mm offset towards the cassette.

When installing non-scs wheels, and shifting to the smallest cog, the chain will jam (at least it did on my bike) against the offset scs-hanger. When replacing the SCS hanger with a non-scs hanger, the problem went away.

Top Bottom