How to get brushes clean?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
EasyPeez

EasyPeez

Veteran
Boiling, or even hot water is not a good idea. Plastic bristles can react badly to hot water. They kind of curl up.
Thanks for the tip :smile: Glad I held fire on that one then!

OP
OP
EasyPeez

EasyPeez

Veteran
Brushes on a bike, can't think what on earth you need them for
Yeah, I bought them for the manky old mountain bike, thinking I'd use them on my shiny new road bike too. But now it's come to it agree - I'm finding a sponge with soapy water and a rag with GT85 (plus old CD wrapped in the rag for between the cassette sprockets) much easier for cleaning the new bike.
But I just want to keep using the brushes on the old bike as it's harder to get the wheels off that and they're good for getting in and around the frame, suspension and wheels.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Go to your local pound shop and pick up a big pack of toothbrushes. It will get rid of most of the crud from your chain, and they're cheap enough to be considered disposable.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Yeah, I bought them for the manky old mountain bike, thinking I'd use them on my shiny new road bike too. But now it's come to it agree - I'm finding a sponge with soapy water and a rag with GT85 (plus old CD wrapped in the rag for between the cassette sprockets) much easier for cleaning the new bike.
But I just want to keep using the brushes on the old bike as it's harder to get the wheels off that and they're good for getting in and around the frame, suspension and wheels.

I like that idea, our lass has a load of crap cds that would be perfect for the job, starting with that horrible Robbie Williams swing band bloody thing, God, I hate that cd.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Old gift cards (wrapped in a cloth) can also be used to clear between the gears on the rear cassette. This may save you from upsetting your significant other by destroying their record collection.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My finances don't need to support anyone else (other than the cat ;) ), nor do I share the dishwasher
lol ,
C2W about to start again at work and i was asked what i would be buying, i said it would cost me a divorce if i did .

Top Bottom