How to loose 1.5kgs from your bike weight...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
1. Remove volcano-proof but heavy Ultegra/CXP22/Krylion winter wheels and replace with ultra-light Reynolds Alta-Race and PR3s.

2. Remove winter lights and fittings.

3. Replace venerable Brooks B17 with Fizik Arione.

Then, go for a perfect Sunday morning, bright, cool, sunny clear-skied/no aircraft country ride with good company and go like Lance!

It's like having new legs!

I know the answer to this question.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

redddraggon said:
Reynolds Alta-Race and PR3s are far from being light.

Ariones are pretty heavy saddles. A Selle Italia SLR would be loads lighter.

And your point is what exactly... that there are lighter componants available? Well knock me down with a feather...

redddraggon

Blondie
I thought you were asking how to loose weight from the bike due to the title of the thread and Well you did say this:

Fab Foodie said:
1. Remove volcano-proof but heavy Ultegra/CXP22/Krylion winter wheels and replace with ultra-light Reynolds Alta-Race and PR3s.

I'd rate them "slightly heavy" rather than "ultra-light". "Ultra-light" means something like Lightweights or Custom Edges.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful

Bman

Guru
I've already removed the lights (except when they're necessary) but the mounts..... :ohmy:

I think I could save a few grammes there! :sad::ohmy:

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

redddraggon said:
I thought you were asking how to loose weight from the bike due to the title of the thread and Well you did say this:

I'd rate them "slightly heavy" rather than "ultra-light". "Ultra-light" means something like Lightweights or Custom Edges.

For most mortals I'd say 1520grams/pair is not too bad, though I'm sure I could save a few more grams with a lot more bucks. Maybe lightweight might be better terminology. In my world that's pretty light.

Anyway, the point I was simply and light heartedly trying (and failing) to make was that just changing my winter bits for my summers bits made a very significant weight saving... of course, the 20kg's I could loose from my gut would be better than a few more grams off the wheels...

Of course there's always something lighter... I just don't have them, it wasn't meant to be a point about absolutes.

BTW, this is posted in 'Cafe'... not 'Know-How'

Bman

Guru
Oi, It wasn't my idea! :ohmy:

And I didnt weigh three different bottle holders to see which was the lightest.....

Top Bottom