How to solve a sweaty helmet ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maltloaf

Not that one, you dirty sods, the one on my head !!

Anyway, bit of background. I never wore helmets, couldn't get on with them. Many years ago I had bought them or been bought them but never stuck to using them and did years of riding with no head protection and would have argued with anyone about my right not to wear one. This was until...

This past September my partner gave me a beautiful baby girl and all of a sudden I had someone who needed me to survive. After a two wheel skid one day I decided to try a helmet again.

This was October and I found a very cheap but very comfortable specialized align and much to my surprise I have been very happy with it. I couldn't imagine not wearing it.

Now the weather is on the turn and there have been a few warmer days, I'm beginning to have a problem with sweat forming around the front of the helmet against my forehead and running down either side of my nose. If I'm having trouble now when it's not particularly warm yet, then it'll be much worse come summer.

So... what can I do to fix this or at least make it bearable ? Is it just down to it being such a cheap helmet and are some better than others ? Is there some other trick I'm missing ?

I won't go back to not wearing a helmet but this is going to seriously affect my cycling enjoyment if I can't do something about it.

Many thanks,

Kevin.

SS Retro

Cotton cycling cap worn underneath.

OP
OP
maltloaf

maltloaf

Thanks, that's something that had occurred to me but I figured it would probably make me even hotter. Is that not the case ?

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Wrong post

Top Bottom