How was your weekends riding?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Richie1964

Well I put some miles on my new bike. Having owned and loved a Giant TCR ONCE for a few years, I have just bought a Boardman Comp. What a step down you say! However, I have to say the C+ excellent review was spot on. What a great bike for a great price!

Didn't do any cycling, as usual. Too busy.:biggrin:

mondobongo

Über Member
Working over the weekend so never got out but am off today and am out on a circular loop of the Fylde coast in an hour or so.

walker

took the GF out for her first ride on Saturday, kept it relativly short and did 8.5 miles, did't want to wear her out too much, went to go out on my own afterwards only for it starting to rain and decided I'd rather not go out. Yesterday finally got out on my own, did around 30-40 miles (did'nt have speedo fitted to new bike yet. Got in some good hills and felt great afterwards

Cab

Got as far as town and back on Saturday, and to the allotment and back on Sunday. Not hard, strenuous cycling, but pleasant and relaxing nonetheless.

ChrisW

Over the Surrey Hills, Ranmore Common, Abinger, Leith Hill then Box Hill. About 57 miles with about 20 other guys in lycra (yes, my wife does wonder).

Some idiot* started the sprint back though....and as i'm about wtice the age of some of the other guys, it nearly killed me. Good fun though!

*"Some idiot," that would be me then...

NickM

Veteran
That sounds like a pretty punishing route, ChrisW...

I did a BHPC race at Curborough on Sunday, and was satisfied with sixth, since I was only beaten by riders with more exotic machinery or considerably fewer years :biggrin:

photo

gbb

Legendary Member
How was your weekends riding....good and bad ;)

Got a nice 33 miles in yesterday (Sunday), and paced myself quite hard.

The bad....my heart rate wouldnt come down by the time i went to bed :smile: so a poor nights sleep.
I seem to be noticing this this year. I havnt done too much mileage this summer, too much time away, too many things to do...but is it possible at nearly 50, i'm pushing myself a bit too hard ? I dont seem to recover like i used to.

2 years ago, i'd do 40 miles plus as hard as i could, shower, get ready and go out for the day as fresh as i started. Not any more ;)

Anyone else find this...

Mortiroloboy

I rode the Victor Ludorum Autumn classic 75 mile White Horse Challenge posted a 5h 33m 27s, and don't feel too bad today, though I wish I'd worn my long bibs as it was a bit chilly:biggrin:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Cycled Leeds to York on Sunday in the sunshine, spotted five red kites which were fabulous and beat my husband up all the hills...not a happy chappie ;) Gorgeous day out!

trio25

Über Member
Rode Hayfield -> Jacobs Ladder -> Edale -> Rushup Edge -> Hayfield. Fantastics day so did a shortish loop round Rivington on sunday.

Suprisingly wasn't too tired on my commute in this morning.

gbb

Legendary Member
Cathryn said:
Cycled Leeds to York on Sunday in the sunshine, spotted five red kites which were fabulous and beat my husband up all the hills...not a happy chappie ;) Gorgeous day out!

Crikey, theyre doing well. I see them regularly, east of Rockingham forest. Saw three on Sunday. They fly right above you...
Also two large red deer who just stood looking at me as i approached. Getting closer....bugger, i hope theres not another load behind the hedge....bugger...;)
I must have got within 25 yards before they loped off.....they didnt seem to give a jot

domtyler

Über Member
I paid my money to do four 25/30 mile time trials this month with the final this Sunday. On Saturday night I knew I wasn't gonna turn up! So emptied a bottle of wine instead! ;)

I did ride one of them!

ash68

lovely sunny day here yesterday, made the most of it with a ride round the hills of northumberland and back into the Tyne valley.Pleased with an 80 mile ride,the furthest i've been for 4 weeks. Commuted to work today as normal and was rewarded with seeing a fox this morning and a grey squirrel tonight.The joys of living in the countryside:smile:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
gbb said:
Crikey, theyre doing well. I see them regularly, east of Rockingham forest. Saw three on Sunday. They fly right above you...
Also two large red deer who just stood looking at me as i approached. Getting closer....bugger, i hope theres not another load behind the hedge....bugger...;)
I must have got within 25 yards before they loped off.....they didnt seem to give a jot

Yes, they were stunning and HUGE....their wingspans are longer than I'm tall. Fabulous things. We stood there for ages watching them!

Top Bottom