How was your weekends riding?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

killiekosmos

Veteran
I spent Friday night looking out stuff to wear on Saturday morning. Up and out quite early but it was colder than I planned and the wind was stronger than expected and I was feeling below par (that's all the excuses) so instead of the nice 30 mile loop over Eaglesham to Newton Mearns I chickened out and took a short cut and just did 20 miles.

I spent the rest of the day in the garden, pointing walls and cutting grass.

Sunday afternoon was much better, having done all the chores on Saturday I got out on the bike and tried out a new route of around 17 miles. This let me chalk up a total of 500 miles on the new SCR 2.

Big Bren

I rode my new (old) MTB back from the LBS on Saturday complete with new SPD's, then spent most of Sunday belting round Dalby Forest with my 8 year old son. The mileage wasn't huge (about 15 in total) but we had ace fun.

Bren

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I rode the Oxford to Cambridge ride. 89 miles. It took for ever this year because of a strongish headwind which was present all the way. It was a miserly 12mph av. nearly seven hours in the saddle. Last year i completed the ride in 5 1/2 hours. I had better start training for next season now.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
club run of 45 miles. plenty of time spent at or near the front so quite pleased. last 5 miles in agony due to pain in my right knee (down to walking speed up the most innocuous of rises).

better now, mind ;)

Smeggers

alecstilleyedye said:
club run of 45 miles. plenty of time spent at or near the front so quite pleased. last 5 miles in agony due to pain in my right knee (down to walking speed up the most innocuous of rises).

better now, mind ;)

Are you in Macc Wheelers Alec?

ChrisW

NickM said:
That sounds like a pretty punishing route, ChrisW...

I did a BHPC race at Curborough on Sunday, and was satisfied with sixth, since I was only beaten by riders with more exotic machinery or considerably fewer years ;)

photo

Out with the Kingston Wheelers...lots of younger guys to pull me along and cake at Box Hill of course...;)

Top Bottom