How ya doin'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

broomwagon

Hello, just a few lines to introduce myself. I started off cycling in earnest around 1987, after watching the national amateur road race around Hyde in Cheshire. Paul Curran, the winner that day, inspired me to "get on my bike". I couldn't believe the speed the riders were doing that day after 5-6 hours in the saddle, and then when Curran broke free on the last lap from Gary Baker, it was like a piece of elastic had snapped! What a cyclist that guy was. "I can do that" I thought...I couldn't but I never stopped trying for a good twelve years and after getting myself really fit, thought nothing of cycling 100 plus miles on a saturday or sunday, but in my own time. For years I ate and slept cycling. A broken fibia and ankle put paid to my long distance cycling life in 1999, and I've drifted in and out of cycling ever since, doing shortish rides locally just to keep some fitness up and enjoying fell walking instead. My appetite for cycling has returned, (it never really left me) and a recent purchase of 2nd hand TREK Pilot 2 has got me back into it again. I've put my name forward for a charity ride next year and I'm just starting to up the milage on the road and do some spinning in the garage.

Chris

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Welcome to the forum Chris (great name by the way
thumbsup.png
)
biggrin.gif

Glad you're back out on two wheels again, good luck with the charity ride

Top Bottom