How your previous best bike suddenly felt...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Yuk !!:laugh:
Only semi seriously, but having replaced my beloved Via Nirone with a carbon Ribble, the Bianchi's been in the dock putting it back to full working condition. All completed now so took it out for a few miles test ride, make sure everything is working ok.
Ooer...it felt so strange. The C2C is a comfortable bike, but having been riding the Ribble Sportive for the last few weeks, the Bianchi now feels so low at the handlebars, i felt really stretched out.

Fitted the Rodis that came with the Ribble...well they feel 'ok'...but nowhere near as responsive as my Fulcrum 5s now on the Ribble. The Bianchi felt slightly heavy with them on, but that may be the standard tyres as opposed to the Gators i'm used to.

Change a few things, all of a sudden, it feels like a different animal.

Funny how quickly you lose the feel for one bike that did you sterling service...and quickly adapt to a new bike.

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
I know what you mean having gone carbon this year in addition to steel commuter

Mind you I went for the Infinito (ultegra), which is the carbon version of your via nirone and it is superb to ride. I like the relaxed C2C geometry and am glad the lbs recommended it over the Sempre.

However, there is one drawback - my wife is despairing of me having Japanese components on a Bianchi.

Enjoy the Nirone for what it is now..... Your winter trainer / wet weather bike or turbo trainer steed

(we all know carbon bikes dissolve in the rain)

J

Top Bottom