hows it going

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tinywheels

Über Member
lotta new faces today. is this driven by a lack of petrol?
20210930_064854.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Quiet on the canal commute - just one other cyclist. Nearly hit a red light jumping cyclist. Older woman on a brightly coloured sit up and beg, with her pink raincoat, sailed through the red as I was coming through on green. Shouted 'red light', not a peep from her.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
More people than recently on the A10 cycle way. Less than during lockdown. I don't think the wet weather helped. The carriageway is quieter so I suspect people are postponing journeys.

Quiet on the canal commute - just one other cyclist. Nearly hit a red light jumping cyclist. Older woman on a brightly coloured sit up and beg, with her pink raincoat, sailed through the red as I was coming through on green. Shouted 'red light', not a peep from her.
Highway Code Rule 147: "do not allow yourself to become agitated or involved if someone is behaving badly on the road."

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Highway Code Rule 147: "do not allow yourself to become agitated or involved if someone is behaving badly on the road."
Or you could just play her Billy Ocean’s hit on your phone:

View: https://youtu.be/tcGRLB-Tlnc

OP
OP
tinywheels

tinywheels

Über Member
made it home in a densely packed train, after a high speed ride,dodging suicidal pedestrians and murderous drivers.
jeez a man of my age should be well past this daily shitshow.
seems as if there are still more people on the train.
might need to get some new tyres soon.
or possibly a new life.
IMG-20210924-WA0010.jpeg

Seeing similar numbers on my commute into Taunton, as I did immediately prior to Covid, which had been rising steadily over past few years. Certainly lot higher numbers than when I first started cycling to work, but hey, that was 39 years ago. ^_^

OP
OP
tinywheels

tinywheels

Über Member
no sign of anyone last two days. Must be the weather, or possibly I'm the only mug working weekends.
someone has to keep the country going!

sheddy

Legendary Member
Any day can be for cycling.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Off work friday and monday due to parts shortages at work , glad in a way as i have been laid up all weekend with a cold,mini ck 1 was off school all last week as he was coughing his guts up and mrs ck has it mini ck 2 has a sniffle and even with decongestants i have felt like i was going to fall over at times so no club ride either :sad:

mustang1

Guru
Mudguards on a bike immediately make the person riding more sexy. Those without mudguards are destined for a life of second best.
My brompton has mudguards too (I've got the Black Edition ya know) and one day I was riding it with black bib shorts, black jersey, black cycling cap, black mitts too. And these two guys were aghast of my appearance. They did not think I was sexy at all. :sad:

Top Bottom