hows it going

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tinywheels

tinywheels

Über Member
My brompton has mudguards too (I've got the Black Edition ya know) and one day I was riding it with black bib shorts, black jersey, black cycling cap, black mitts too. And these two guys were aghast of my appearance. They did not think I was sexy at all. :sad:
I suspect ming might appreciate your phone no.or a photo at least

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yay,

Back on the commute on Wednesday, then two days a week from next week. "Work" is gently asking people to start hybrid working again. I've a training course on Wednesday and with the rule changes it's been confirmed as 'on-site'. Back to my two days next week, although most meetings still on 'Teams' - will have to see if they change.

Found my rear light I'd lost over Christmas, in a tool tray in the garage, and not next to the other rear light in the bedroom - no idea how they ended up in different parts of the house ! - Oh and just after I'd ordered some new ones ! :laugh:

Looking forward to the commute now we're over the 'hump' and it's getting lighter.

Alex321

Veteran
In Wales, we'll be allowed to go back from next week, and I will probably go back to 2 days in the office from that point.

We're currently in eth process of trying to agree one day when as many as possible from the Data Engineering department can be in together. I'm hoping that will be Wednesday, though Tuesday or Friday would be Ok.

fossyant

In Wales, we'll be allowed to go back from next week, and I will probably go back to 2 days in the office from that point.

We're currently in eth process of trying to agree one day when as many as possible from the Data Engineering department can be in together. I'm hoping that will be Wednesday, though Tuesday or Friday would be Ok.

Very much the same. I'm moving desks shortly and moving in with another Team who I work closely with anyway. Their main day in is a Wednesday. For me, Tues and Thurs will be my default days, but it does change regularly. Going to have to go to bed earlier and get up early. These 8am rises are luxury. It will be up at 6:30 and on the bike for 7am.

Alex321

Veteran
Very much the same. I'm moving desks shortly and moving in with another Team who I work closely with anyway. Their main day in is a Wednesday. For me, Tues and Thurs will be my default days, but it does change regularly. Going to have to go to bed earlier and get up early. These 8am rises are luxury. It will be up at 6:30 and on the bike for 7am.
Same here. I get up almost an hour earlier when going in to the office.

But it does mean I've done 30 miles on the bike by the time I get home :smile:

Alex321

Veteran
i will be glad when i can start commuting again, although mrs ck wants me to pack up cycling
Why?
Too expensive? Too much time? Too dangerous?

Or something else?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Why?
Too expensive? Too much time? Too dangerous?

Or something else?
1643116313416.png

fossyant

started commuting again im 10 weeks post op now, still cant do long rides yet at the weekend as after about 20 miles it hurts so i have to limit myself to a 20 ish to a cake stop then ride home

That's progress. :okay:

My commute has worn through a rear rim now, shame as the wheels were bombproof, but they are Mavic Crossrides and replacement rims are like rocking horse poop. Cheap Decathlon wheels as I needed them quickly. Usual cup/cone so I'll service them more regular than Mavic's never needing doing !!

The rear rack is looking tatty with bits of tape on to reduce wear and noise from the canal commute from the panniers.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
That's progress. :okay:

My commute has worn through a rear rim now, shame as the wheels were bombproof, but they are Mavic Crossrides and replacement rims are like rocking horse poop. Cheap Decathlon wheels as I needed them quickly. Usual cup/cone so I'll service them more regular than Mavic's never needing doing !!

The rear rack is looking tatty with bits of tape on to reduce wear and noise from the canal commute from the panniers.
going to wimp out tonight :smile: dont fancy the chance of slipping given the forecast and fecking the shoulder again

Top Bottom