HR Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
No

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
No. You may be asked to offer commitments not to try to poach clients, divulge confidential information you've learned and the like, but as to a general 'what will you do next?' 'Sorry, I'd rather not say,' is a perfectly valid answer.

(Mind you, I'm not a lawyer or anything - somebody may be able to offer you more expert advice.)

No from me too. The only aspect they can ask about is if you have a restrictive clause in your contract that says you will not work for a competitor/named companies for X months after you leave. You can be asked to confirm that you are not.

[quote name='swee'pea99' timestamp='1304611281' post='1655941']
No. You may be asked to offer commitments not to try to poach clients, divulge confidential information you've learned and the like, but as to a general 'what will you do next?' 'Sorry, I'd rather not say,' is a perfectly valid answer.[/quote]

They can only ask for those commitments if they are already in your employment contract or if you are negotiating over terms for your leaving.

Zoiders

If it worries them that much that you may poach business as a parachute for when you jump the only thing they can do unless you have signed a contract to the contrary is to offer you gardening leave until your notice period is up.

Top Bottom