HRM with recording

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Crackle said:
Do you really need it. A plain old HR monitor will pretty much tell you most things you need to know. A glance down now and again will confirm that you are working harder against the wind, that, yep, you've reached that bloody hill again and you're 5 beats off your Max. Looking at it at the end, most will tell you Max HR, Ave HR, % in zone etc...A lower or higher reading than normal will tell you if you're tired or ill etc... etc...

The hardest part of owning one is figuring out your max HR and setting some zones to train in.

Thats right I find that its possible to go without...sometimes its freaky to actually see what your doing !

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
magnatom said:
Please guys, don't tempt me with gadgets, I can't afford it!:biggrin::biggrin:

[gollum]Ach, just sell yer first born, yous ken yous wants the gadgets:evil::laugh::biggrin::blush: [/gollum]

or you could try selling off your old bike and just ride the shiny new one, or just extend your mortgage...

OP
OP
M

magnatom

HJ said:
[gollum]Ach, just sell yer first born, yous ken yous wants the gadgets:evil::laugh::biggrin::blush: [/gollum]

or you could try selling off your old bike and just ride the shiny new one, or just extend your mortgage...

AAAAARRRGGHHHH! Don't mention mortgages!:biggrin::biggrin:

If I sold my old bike, I'd be £2.50 better off!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

alp1950 said:
+1 for edge 705. If you're serious about wanting to play/analyse can't think you'll do better.

eg my first climb of the cormet de roselend (don't mock: got there eventually but next time remind me to take a compact chainset): http://connect.garmin.com/activity/10145584

Thats quite a climb! ;):blush: Well done. I didn't see any 0mphs in there!

I really wish you guys would stop pointing out how good the 705 is. :thumbsup:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
magnatom said:
I really wish you guys would stop pointing out how good the 705 is. :angry:

And this....

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/7238410

Another nice thing about the 705 is that the recorded data is in xml format, so its easy enough to get into excel or, if you have true geek blood, write yourself some code. Heart Rate vs Incline plot anyone?:evil::evil:

Before I get accused of dragging you into penury, Crackle's probably right. After more than a year with the 705, I've noticed how well I can calibrate my effort just by feel, and how closely this ties in with a specific heart rate. These days, I only bother with the HR monitor when I'm doing an event and there's a danger of getting carried away (set an upper alarm) or if I'm on the turbo and want to cane it without giving myself a CA.

What you really need is a power meter ;):evil:xx(:evil::laugh::evil::laugh::evil::laugh::evil::evil:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Bollo said:
And this....

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/7238410

Another nice thing about the 705 is that the recorded data is in xml format, so its easy enough to get into excel or, if you have true geek blood, write yourself some code. Heart Rate vs Incline plot anyone?;):evil:

Before I get accused of dragging you into penury, Crackle's probably right. After more than a year with the 705, I've noticed how well I can calibrate my effort just by feel, and how closely this ties in with a specific heart rate. These days, I only bother with the HR monitor when I'm doing an event and there's a danger of getting carried away (set an upper alarm) or if I'm on the turbo and want to cane it without giving myself a CA.

What you really need is a power meter :tongue::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

So if you hardly ever use it, shurly you would be better to sell it on for some cash. £20 would cover it, don't you think? :smile:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
magnatom said:
So if you hardly ever use it, shurly you would be better to sell it on for some cash. £20 would cover it, don't you think? :tongue:
No Scottish notes!;)

Bollo said:
What you really need is a power meter ;):evil::tongue::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

That's just cruel. There was no need to mention power meters to him. You're obviously practising to join Obama's new crack interrogation squad.

Top Bottom