HTC Desire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anybody got one yet.

Whats it like? As good as they say?

Been trying to get one on O2. But believe it or not O2 shops seem to be the only place not to have them!

Vodaphone, orange, Tmobile, Virgin and 3 all have em! Carphone warehouse can also do one on O2, but O2 shops cant, total madness.

I know what your thinking. Change networks, well I need to do it through the O2 shop as Im entitled to a 30% discount on contracts so it saves me quite a packet.

OP
OP
addictfreak
Lets hope I get one soon, making daily calls to my local O2 shop. Think the manager is getting a bit sick.

OP
OP
addictfreak
I'm typing this on mine, on Virgin. It's great. Still struggling to find anything other than form where an iPhone is better. And that's only with things like the layout of the music player.

Virgin had quite a good deal on the desire a few days ago, but wasnt sure about coverage in this area. And I do like my discount :smile:

brownie

Had mine for 6 weeks now and it's not perfect. I wouldn't want to drop it, it's not for techno idiots as it needs some work to get it running how you would like, the on screen keyboard takes a while to get use to and the screen is crap outside in sunlight.

Would I get rid of it? No chance, easily the best Smartphone out there.

OP
OP
addictfreak
brownie said:
Had mine for 6 weeks now and it's not perfect. I wouldn't want to drop it, it's not for techno idiots as it needs some work to get it running how you would like, the on screen keyboard takes a while to get use to and the screen is crap outside in sunlight.

Would I get rid of it? No chance, easily the best Smartphone out there.

Oh dear:blush:

Norm

Argh! That ruddy U2 song will be in my head for the rest of today as well now! :biggrin:

Nice phone, though.
gesture046.gif

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
On the carphone warehouse site they seem to have this phone on o2:
http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/buy/HTC-DESIRE-30N24-FCONO

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
You don't need to be tech-savvy to set it up at all, so don't worry. Setting up my last few S60 phones (Nokia & Samsung) was hellishly complex, whereas the Desire (my first Android phone) is a scoosh.

All I had to get used to was where to find things; having been using S60 since Nokia first used it, it took a little adjusting.

It's a fantastic phone!

barq

Anyone had the problem with their phone randomly rebooting or locking up (so you need to remove the battery) several times a day? I've done a hard reset and even with no extra apps installed it still acts funny.

HTC say they'll take it back, but I might see what the network (Three) suggest. It comes down to who is going to be quicker and easier to deal with.

It is a lovely phone - but mine doesn't work properly!

battered

Guru
Had one for 3 weeks now. Verdict? It's a great gadget but a lousy phone. Sounds dreadful and drops calls. All the net stuff and apps are fantastic though, it's a pocket computer. Brilliant, except for talking to my Mum when it's useless. Now then, its prmary purpose is...? Bollocks. Bad choice.

I have to keep mine in a pouch too as if you shove it in a pocketful of change it will be dead in a month.

Rating? 6/10.

Top Bottom