HTC or Sony Ericsson?

Which phone should I get teenage daughter?

• HTC HD Mini

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • HTC Wildfire

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • AN Other?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Hopefully there will be a poll attached to this.

Elder Noodlette wants a new mobile for her birthday and next week I'll have to decide which one to get her. I've had some good pointers from forummites over the past few weeks and narrowed it down to a choice of 3.

I'm not a technical person and have been confused by some of the answers to recent questions as it means nothing to me :wacko: but I'd like to know what you think would be best - mostly for sending texts, social networking and music.

I hope the poll works and there is "AN Other" option...if you think there is another better option let me know.

I want to keep the cost at £25 per month, and all 3 of the named phones meet that price.
thanks

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Excellent the poll worked!

And thanks on advance for your help....

martint235

Dog on a bike
I think I posted on this before. I'd avoid the HTC HD Mini as Windows Phone 7 is out later this year and the Mini won't be upgraded from 6.5. On the other hand you could pick one up cheaply second hand after 7 is released.

I've voted for the Wildfire, nice phone and as mentioned it's the baby brother of the Desire which is a really nice piece of kit.

Jezston

Über Member
I voted for the Wildfire, however I then remembered the xperia mini is getting android 2.1 imminently. And the xperia mini is actually quite a cool little thing.

Ignore what I said about the wildfire, get her the mini. Although ask her if she'd like a keyboard on it and if so get her the mini pro. Although also perhaps ask her if she'd prefer one of the others.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Well, that was a lot harder than I thought it would be! Just back home after spending most of the morning going round various mobile phone shops....eventually went for Xperia Mini despite setting off to get the Wildfire as recommended in the Poll. Thankfully I remembered what Jeztson said!!

O2 network did not offer the Wildfire and the only networks with the Wildfire have rubbish coverage where I live....so I got 24 month contract for £20 per month - 100 mins talk, unlimited text and 'unlimited' web (but with limits...so how can it be unlimited?)

I'm sure she'l love it.

Thanks again.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Usually teenagers have ver very specific ideas of which model of anything they desire. Will she be happy with it (for at least 6 months!)?

She grunted in my general direction when I asked which phone she liked best...I think I picked up slightly more grunts when I mentioned the Experia than the HTCs, but I am unsure if that is a good or a bad sign. :blush:

She was muttering about iPhone4 but told me last week that "mmmummble mumble, muummmble...crap...mummble mutter mummble..don't work..." which I took as an indication she no longer thought it was too good an idea.

Perhaps by the time younger Noodlette reaches her teenage years I'll have had more practice in deciphering the assorted nuances of differing grunts....although I did manage to work out she also wants a set of rollers for her bike!

She was muttering about iPhone4 but told me last week that "mmmummble mumble, muummmble...crap...mummble mutter mummble..don't work..." which I took as an indication she no longer thought it was too good an idea.

Perhaps by the time younger Noodlette reaches her teenage years I'll have had more practice in deciphering the assorted nuances of differing grunts....although I did manage to work out she also wants a set of rollers for her bike!

Ha Ha - oh the joys of having teenage offspring!! Have you considered asking her mother to translate?!

DavieB

MIA
I have an Xperia x10, the big version of the mini, I really like it, if she is into her facebook and stuff, she will probably like mini, it has something called timescape she may appreciate

Top Bottom