Hub dynamo help needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Not enough details on that listing to be sure. In general, you should be able to check whether a hub dynamo's Over Lock Nut measurement will fit your bike once you know its model name, or maybe the seller will tell you.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
You don't usually have to worry about the over lock nut dimension as road bikes and tourers tend to have the same distance between the fork drop outs. Your only concern is to make sure that you have a suitable rim but to be honest, I can't imagine anyone building dynamo wheels that wont accept 28mm tyres providing the wheel diameter is correct of course.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
You could get a wheel and lights deal from Spa and any rim up to 622-19 will accept a 700x28. Depends on what clearances your frame has, for example if you have clearance for a 700x35-40 tyre and may want to use them then I wouldn't advise getting a 622-13 narrow road rim. I know Spa do rims in 622-13, 622-15, 622-17 and 622-19 - the first number is the diameter and the second the internal width

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
@tyred , I just looked at that site, and their prices are really amazing, considering all that goes into a dynamo wheel. Rigida Rims are nice rims, IMHO, and it would be nice to have a hub dynamo . Do have to be able to read German, though.

Top Bottom