Hull and E Yorks: short tour in late May/June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbs

Guru
We lived near Hull for a year or so at the time of the Elizabeth second's coronation and my younger brother and I want to revisit for e few days. Obviously much has changed since I was last there.

We will probably have 4 days riding, up to 75k each day, with train assistance if necessary. Day 1 across Humber Bridge: does anyone have a cafe to recommend say 20k into Lincolnshire. Day 2 to Brid, Filey or Scarboro'. Day 3 York. Day 4 perhaps the Wolds.

We are open to suggestions, particularly as to bike friendly accomodation - B&B preferred with nearby restaurants. Beverley occurs to me but local knowledge would be interesting.

All views and comments welcome.

I've not stayed overnight at the site, but I've visited several times, and enjoyed many good walks and rides in the area, so could be something to consider for an experience.

https://madhyamaka.org/bed-and-breakfast-pocklington-york-2/

HelenD123

Guru
Beverley would be a great base as it's on the train network, quick to get out into good cycling territory and on cycling routes. The hostel is worth a look.

Jameshow

Veteran
We lived near Hull for a year or so at the time of the Elizabeth second's coronation and my younger brother and I want to revisit for e few days. Obviously much has changed since I was last there.

We will probably have 4 days riding, up to 75k each day, with train assistance if necessary. Day 1 across Humber Bridge: does anyone have a cafe to recommend say 20k into Lincolnshire. Day 2 to Brid, Filey or Scarboro'. Day 3 York. Day 4 perhaps the Wolds.

We are open to suggestions, particularly as to bike friendly accomodation - B&B preferred with nearby restaurants. Beverley occurs to me but local knowledge would be interesting.

All views and comments welcome.

Are you wanting a clover leaf tour or a circular tour?

Are you wanting hills (NYM) or flatter vale of york? Wolds are a nice in-between!

Top Bottom