Human Forest rental bike in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
These are like the Santander bikes but can be left anywhere (within their coverage zone) rather than needing a space in the rack (which can be a problem at Waterloo at peak times)

A key benefit is it they are electrically assisted. I was in an office at London Bridge and had to go to a lunch meeting in Soho. 20 Minutes ride and got there completely and utterly sweat free. Only a single speed bike and assistance cuts out at 25 KMH, but absolutely perfect for in London. I have a Brompton which I had in the office, but that would've meant I was a sweat when I arrived at my meeting.

fabulous https://www.humanforest.co.uk/

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Not a fan I'm afraid. I work in Soho and they get left all over the narrow pavements which are crowded enough already what with rubbish and roadworks and so on.

Having racks forces people to be responsible.

Edit: I've just realised that might look like I'm accusing the OP of discarding the bike carelessly in Soho, which I'm definitely not. It's just that some people do. Dockless bikes in general end up being a nuisance to users of the pavements (or worse than just a nuisance to people such as partially sighted, or wheelchair users).

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
As above, they get left here, there and everywhere, lots around Sutton. Same with Lime bikes. Most annoying is when the hirer thinks they’re being helpful leaving by cycle racks, blocking them for those of us who’d like to lock a bike up :angry:

Top Bottom