Humber Bridge ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
cheers helen for sorting that one. certainly did feel nippy as we left the pub, but when i checked at home it was 7 degrees, so quite mild really.
turned up in my new foska bones jacket all ready to show off, only to find comedypilot wearing the self same jacket, ya can't av a bita nowt round ere ;-)
hoping solty can organise one next time, i liked the sound of the pub near him that serves puncture repair kits!

cheers, velocidad.

OP
OP
HelenD123

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Glad you all enjoyed it. We were so lucky with the weather. Can't wait for the next instalment! It's shameful to think it's taken me all these years to get round to cycling over the Humber Bridge considering I watched it being built back in my youth.

OP
OP
HelenD123

HelenD123

Legendary Member
No wind or lorries so, um, I don't know! There wasn't much to it really. I think it may be more of an experience in the daylight, though I don't like heights so maybe in the dark was the best option actually.

So, are you going to organise a jaunt for the Yorkies?

Amanda P

Legendary Member
If I did, how close would it have to be to the border of East Yorks for you lot to come? You'll have to be either very keen, or get transport to the starting point...

I'm thinking Malton, maybe, or possibly Stamford Bridge, somewhere like that. Any good? Next available mid-week for me will be 5th November...

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Uncle Phil said:
If I did, how close would it have to be to the border of East Yorks for you lot to come? You'll have to be either very keen, or get transport to the starting point...

I'm thinking Malton, maybe, or possibly Stamford Bridge, somewhere like that. Any good? Next available mid-week for me will be 5th November...

I can transport myself & another 3 with bikes to a York meet if needed ;)

But i'm working nights on 5th Nov :sad:

Had a look in my diary to sort another meet out. If we want a longer ride on a weekend I'm struggling for a while. Sat 8th Nov is a possible, but my parents may be over stopping with me, will know for definate next Tuesday on that , otherwise my next free weekend date will probably be 6th December I think (but left my diary at work again :blush:)
Was thinking of a circularish (is that a real word, or one i've invented ;)) ride from Hull to Hornsea/Mr Moos to Beverley to Hull, but it could be quite a long ride especially looking at quiet b roads all the way. What do folks think of that ?

Paul

PS thanks Helen for sorting the ride out last night :smile:

Amanda P

Legendary Member
My diary gets kinda congested for the next couple of weeks.

Consult me again in about a weeks time (or keep bumping this thread!) and we'll see who's free when and where. Feel free to organise something else if you get fed up waiting for me.

In the meantime, I'll research pubs.

;):cheers:

OP
OP
HelenD123

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Next week and the last week of November look pretty busy for me but I'm pretty free otherwise.

I'd be up for a longer daytime ride, as long as I'm not slowing you all down. I can go faster when its light and I can see where I'm going, honest!

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
A few reminder’s of the night...:sad:

Helen you could use the bridge as your avatar!:ohmy:

Though next time we all need to discuss 'fashion' before we attend, to avoid another faux pas:blush:

Thanks again Helen - even for the scary xx(cycle path ride...

Shaun

Founder
Damn, just seen this thread, and realised I've missed it :ohmy:

Give me a shout next time ... :sad:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Admin said:
Damn, just seen this thread, and realised I've missed it :wacko:

Give me a shout next time ... :tongue:

Funny we did wonder where you was?

We might 'stalk' a few other locals as well, we got as far as Pieman (even if he did knick one of my avatars (which I knicked of a city website..)).

We'll let you know & put it on 'cake stop' and 'events' to attract others to the 'Cycle Chat Virtual Cycle Club - Hull & ER branch' the Mr Moo's one will probably be best.

If anybody local is reading this, please fell free to come along - we are nice honest!

Top Bottom