Hunts Freehub Noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domdom1980

I've got Hunt on one bike, and Rovals on the other, the Rovals are so quiet I thought there was something wrong with them! Useless for scaring people out of the way, but great wheels!

Levo-Lon

Guru
I've got Hunt on one bike, and Rovals on the other, the Rovals are so quiet I thought there was something wrong with them! Useless for scaring people out of the way, but great wheels!

Don't fret, the bearings on the rovals will be screaming soon enough:laugh:

Lots seem to fail on specialized Levo roval wheel fitment after a couple of hundred miles.
Mine are ok after 350 so far ...

Globalti

Legendary Member
What fails on Roval wheels? The actual wheel bearings or the freehub? The Mavic howl of death happens to old Mavic wheels that have been neglected but I'm not aware of anybody else having the same simple freehub design as Mavic.

Last edited:

boydj

Legendary Member
Noisy? Compared to what? I've had Hope, Hunt, Campag, Shimano and Mavic hubs. Nothing beats the Hope for noise, but the Campag is not far behind, then the Hunt. Check with Hunt to find out if they can be quietened.

With several hundreds of miles more on the Hunts, they are now relatively quiet - at least a back-pedal doesn't get folk jumping out of the way on the cycle path that the Hopes do.

Top Bottom